Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

The Rav Is No More!

Molnboman

Hej Guys and Gals

Just to inform you all that Wee Ravi Shankar is no longer in my ownership! I decided I couldn't put up with the low mpg and rather noisey motorway experience anymore!....I tried I really tried but it was just not happening.... and I hope I don't live to regret it, however, I still enjoyed the 9months of almost no hassle ownership. Would just like to thank all of you who contributed and gave me technical support when I needed it.

I have nothing but fond memories of the wee car and if I owned my own petro;l station ...I would proably still have it even now! hahaha

Lastly, the garage that bought it off me have a lovely shiney black 2011 diesel lying outside the workshop with half an engine!..........I explained that they were not alone!

Big thanks to Charlie, Big Kev Anchorman and Kingo for all their help and If any of you are planning a trip to IKEA land....just look me up.

Very Best Wishes

Allan

All the best Allan.

Don't buy the wan with half an engine, Al min....disnae matter how shiny it is, it will give ye nowt but bother....!!!!!

Awribest whatever you decide to purr chase.

Big Kev

A 2011 with half an engine. Is that confirmed?

A 2011 with half an engine. Is that confirmed?

Maybe it was a 2011 RAV that happened to be parked next to an engine (of possibly unknown origin)?

Maybe.

It just struck me that the OP said a 2011 Rav with half an engine. If that's accurate, it could be the first 4.3.5 with an engine issue. Could have been as a result of anything though.

All the best Allan, you don't have to run away just because you no longer own a Toyota :D:

Pop back from time to time

Kingo :thumbsup:

Maybe.

It just struck me that the OP said a 2011 Rav with half an engine. If that's accurate, it could be the first 4.3.5 with an engine issue. Could have been as a result of anything though.

Just to confirm it was a diesel 2011 model which was causing the Garage all sorts of bother. They confirmed when the ordered parts from Toyota Sweden....they knew exactly what parts where required...although I didn't get the full story due to my iffy Swedish......sorry I don't have anymore info'.....and it wasn't spoilt grapes......nothing but praise for the VVTI engines and reliability... except their lust for the bensin!

Thanks again and good luck!

A

Don't buy the wan with half an engine, Al min....disnae matter how shiny it is, it will give ye nowt but bother....!!!!!

Big Kev

Cheers Kev.....I will be venting my anger at Ingolstadt, Germany in the months to come.....as I said, hope I don't live to regret off loading the Ravster....but I understimated just how thirsty the VVTI engine was and I do a lot of motorway miles here.....and the whine from the motor and lack of refinement was becoming a bit of a drag. If I was using it only as a second car or just to pop about village to village I would have kept it...but I dinnae have the luxury of being able to run two cars right now.....The Mrs hates me for selling it already.. hahaha they're never happy are they?!!!

Big Kev

Cheers Kev.....I will be venting my anger at Ingolstadt, Germany in the months to come.....as I said, hope I don't live to regret off loading the Ravster....but I understimated just how thirsty the VVTI engine was and I do a lot of motorway miles here.....and the whine from the motor and lack of refinement was becoming a bit of a drag. If I was using it only as a second car or just to pop about village to village I would have kept it...but I dinnae have the luxury of being able to run two cars right now.....The Mrs hates me for selling it already.. hahaha they're never happy are they?!!!

Yay should nick over here and try my SR180 (ENGINE NUMBER AFTER "THE TROUBLES") and be pleasantly surprised at its rigged for silent running on motorways, albeit 32mpg in OUR winters would probably be worse in Ikeaville.

Tempted to sell it in the autumn, but Charlie has me ruining my only pair of pants re current pricing......

Big Kev

All the very best Allan.. One of the true Gents of the forum.. Hope You pop back now and then !!

Take care Mate and best wishes !!!

Charlie.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links