Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Window Tint

irishpete

Hi Pete

my sr has probably close to the 20% as shown in the ad,quite dark

Around 35% original (Darkened 65%). I had it done professionally with film, but original SR have factory tinted glass. According to your link I would suggest 35% since if you have a dark interior, it will add to the "darkness effect" as well. :flowers:

This is my car with 35%

large_285724-2741600.jpg

That is one nice looking Auris, One of the best I've seen

Sorry to hijack thread, but I have an Avensis H/B and was thinking of the rear windows and back screen, with 35% tints. Is it relatively easy (i know bubbles are an issue) to do yourself, if not how much, roughly, it would be?

Cheers

Wouldn't waste your time doing it yourself as it's so cheap to have it done professionally. I've had every piece of glass apart from windscreen tinted and it cost £150 all in and perfect job.

I had it done professionally with film, but original SR have factory tinted glass.

I've always thought that they tint even "from factory" with film, no? My friend who is installing films told me that he often goes to car shops to install the tints before the car is sold to a client. I got an impression that those are new cars and tint isn't an extra option on them... So the film isn't even installed at the factory, but maybe I misunderstood what he meant :)

Factory tinted means that the cars are sold with colored glass from the factory. There is no film. Unfortunately Toyota keeps calling their models differently in different countries (which makes it hard to compare between countries). For instance, the base model here in Sweden is called just "Auris" and then we have the "Auris Edition Plus", "Auris Edition Sport", and "Auris Comfort". Here they left the Nova/Luna/Terra stuff some years ago, but you can still find those model names in other countries. However, the only Auris that comes with factory tinted rear windows here, is the Edition Sport.

It's true that if you want tinted windows, it's common that the dealer brings a window tinter to the site to perform the tinting. I took my car to a tint shop of my own choice instead, and saved around 50 € doing it.

I had it done professionally with film, but original SR have factory tinted glass.

I've always thought that they tint even "from factory" with film, no? My friend who is installing films told me that he often goes to car shops to install the tints before the car is sold to a client. I got an impression that those are new cars and tint isn't an extra option on them... So the film isn't even installed at the factory, but maybe I misunderstood what he meant :)

Thanks! I have kept the styling rather moderate, since I don't want it to look "over done", and I'm not really a 20 year old with motor sport as my biggest interest either. ;) Still I want the car to look clean and a bit tougher than original.

Cheers!

That is one nice looking Auris, One of the best I've seen

Sorry to hijack thread, but I have an Avensis H/B and was thinking of the rear windows and back screen, with 35% tints. Is it relatively easy (i know bubbles are an issue) to do yourself, if not how much, roughly, it would be?

Cheers

hellO! mine factory fitted tint rhen decided to tint driver and passenger side with 35%

post-108706-0-16213000-1337983310_thumb.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links