Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bought A Sr180

burnham35

Hi to all on the forum, I have owned a lot of toyota's in the past and my wife has the IQ. but 2 years ago I went to vauxhall and had the 2.0 diesel Astra, which I did 40k in, the car was very good but the service from the workshop was not.

I have always had very good service from Howards Toyota in Weston super mare, so this was the main reason I bought the SR180.

i must say I like the car overall better than the Astra, but the fuel economy has come as a bit of a shock, I never got less than 44mpg in the 160 Hp Astra no matter how hard I drove it.

My first trip at highspeed on the continent in the SR180 had it doing 26 mpg :disgust: . I took it back to howards and after a bit of discussion they agreed to clean the EGR valve out which was blocked, the MPG has come up to around 35 mpg with town and hard motorway driving, so it has made a big improvement but still no were near the Astra.

I have no plans to get rid of the SR180 as I like the car but I might indulge in a tuning box as the fuel economy can't get much worse. I hope, I have read on here that the Lindop one is a good one, any comments would be gratefully received :D

Well done mate! Sr180 are brilliant cars much better than the basic one, hope you enjoy it, lots of torque!

Welcome to SR180 ownership :) There's a lot of choice when it comes to tuning boxes for them - as a look on this forum will tell you. Some of them work quite well & others appear to do very little. The prices also vary massively, so do your homework & make an 'informed' choice. The cheapest ones can actually damage your engine, the most expensive seem an absolute rip-off to me anyway.

My only real disapointment with this car (bar the so-so MPG) is the very soft springing - great for dealing with potholes, not so great for roll-free handling. But it's not a sports car & was never meant to be, so I accept the compromise Toyota made in the factory.

Thanks for the replys. I still love driving the car, with the pulling power for over taking, but the lack of mpg is spoiling a very good car.

It is a pity Toyota still doesn't make quick cars like this anymore although with better fuel economy . they just seem to concentrate on stuff like the 1.33 Auris which isn't quick enough to get out of it own way, My dealer lent me one for a week while my latest shape 2.0 Avensis was off the road a couple of years ago, although having said that the Avensis was no better than the Auris for performance, That is why I went to Vauxhall.

still the SR180 make up for that.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links