Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

'02 1.4 D4D Help Please?

armalite8

Hi all.

I'm new here, just got my first Toyota because 'everyone' said they're reliable etc.

Really love the car but after only a week it suddenly cut out with the engine warning light on. Wouldn't restart so I waited for the RAC.

Two hours later the RAC man got in,turned the key and it started good as ever, and hasn't stopped again. He said it reported code P1229 and that it was probably the 'lift pump'.

Does anyone have any idea where this might be? I've followed the fuel lines and can't find it. I know it just had a new fuel filter before I bought it, so could it be air in the fuel?

Also, there's a gizmo (looks like a sensor) with a wiring connector in the right-top of the high pressure pump (for the common rail) that is buzzing when the cars switched on (but not running). It stops about 10 seconds after I switch the ignition off. Could that be linked to my problem, not sure what it is?

Thanks in advance for any advice,

Adman.

Air in fuel ? Pump rubber button beside fuel filter until hard. If it keeps going soft, air leak.

The lift pump is in the tank.. see http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TOYOTA-YARIS-T3-D-4D-2004-1-4-FUEL-PUMP-IN-TANK-/251074309317?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item3a7531ecc5#ht_1751wt_1002

The sensor? nota clue but likely to be either fuel pressure.. or summat like that.

Had the sensor unit out of the tank today. Cleaned a teaspoon of brown cack out of the filter, but there is definitely no pump in there.

Is it in the fuel filter assembly in the engine bay I wonder?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links