Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2010 Yaris 1.4D Help! Beeping After Locking?!

mad_cereal_lover

Hi all,

Any help appreciated on this. I recently purchased from a non-Toyota dealer a 2010 Yaris 1.4D. It doesn't have the keyless entry fob, just a normal one.

I've noticed initially when I pressed lock, sometimes it would make a chime - bit space-age sounding?! Sometimes it didn't. Sometimes it would just beep an electronic loud short beep (not horn). Sometimes it would lock, then if I press it a second time (the lock button) the space-sounding chime would sound.

Anyway, I also noticed that walking away from the car occasionally I would hear this loud short electronic beep noise (not the space-chime one! just a short quick beep). On occasion, more than once - every 40 seconds or so.

Tonight I have it parked on the road outside my house and it was making this beep every so often - but not consistent. Sometimes once every 30-40 seconds, sometimes even once every 5 seconds. It did start raining badly and then I heard the actual alarm going off with the indicators flashing. I've tried everything - lock, unlock, lock, etc. The only way I've managed to stop the beeping noise right now is to hit unlock, and not lock it. It locks automatically afterwards if you don't open a door in a set time-frame. It doesn't appear to be making a noise now, but I can't really always leave my car in this way, or become an annoyance to neighbours with the loud beeping or alarm going off!

I've looked at the manual, and have no idea what is going on. Any help would be appreciated, its driving me insane as I love the car, apart from this!!!

Thanks!

Sounds like a problem with the alarm which raises the question of what make/model alarm is it? It may be an aftermarket unit.

• 6 months later...

Old post but for any others with same problem it's because a door boot or bonnet ain't shut

I Agree. Sometimes the bonnet switch can be bent by someone working on the car and being careless.

Regards Geoff Peace

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links