Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Newly Aquired '53 Plate' - Few Queries.

Radiodanno

Hi

I had a MK1 Avensis for four years, and it was the best car I ever had. I've just today picked up a 2004 (53) T3-x and am chuffed to bits.

BUT - I'd like your advice on something.

1) It's idling very quickly. 1100rpm to 1500rpm even when hot. It's a VVTi engine, but I still don't think that's normal. Thoughts?

2) The clutch is incredibly light, and to me feels high. The garage reassure me that it's how they are - and that there isn't a lot to them.

Any help appreciated. I will take it back to them about both points following people's suggestions. I'm reckoning on an o2 sensor for item 1.

Kindest

Daniel

I've had two and both rev high when cold, but once warmed up the revs drop to around 800. If the air con is switched on it was a bit erratic - between 700-1000rpm.

The clutch on the manual one i had was quite light but not near the top of the stroke. It did judder a bit tho if you put it under strain steep hill start etc.

I've not driven the previous model but i have driven quite a few toyotas and all the clutches feel the same, so if you think it feels worn compared to your old car then you're probably correct.

Hope this helps.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links