Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help with BallPark costing....

TheNissanMan

OK Mad plot hatching, money being saved and help needed.....

Starting with MR2, Mk2 (3S-GE '91) engine...

Need a ball park costing to install 2x small turbo's. Am guessing that two small turbo's both feeding two cylinders would provide more overall power as lower lag...

Anyone here got a clue how much it would cost....

wouldn't it be better to run parallel as each turbo would only be looking after a pair of cylinders enabling smaller turbos to run requiring a smaller pipe, less gases etc and thereforee less lag ??

I think I get the picture of how a turbo works but knowing my lack of any technical knowledge regarding engines prolly wrong.

Running sequential would reuire the turbo to look after 4 cylinders requiring more work to be done although could prolly run at a higher boost

Sequential means you run two turbos in line. You have one with a smaller compressor for lower revs and a larger turbo for the top end. The smaller one takes care of the lag zone for the larger one. As on the RSK B4 Legacy.

Or get a supercharger. There are some nice centrifugal ones around these days that don't drain as much power as the Rootes ones.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links