Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Headunit Interference?

wurboman

Ive just put a pioneer tv/dvd headunit in my Mr2...95. Does anyone know how i can get rid of the horrible engine interference? :censor: Its is fine when the engine is off! I cant think of anything else to try! I do know that the last alpine headunit did it aswell but i managed to get rid some how! :ffs:

PLEASE HELP!!!!

:thumbsup:

You didn't run the RCA's along side the power cable did you??

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Could be the type of spark plugs in your motor if you change them to resistor type (usually they have an R at the end of their name) it should clear up but I dunno how an MR2 will run with these types of plugs "Anyone"??? :ffs:

I've found information on this which may help.....

The interference in automobile radios comes from a variety of sources. The most common sources for interference are other components of your auto's electrical systems. The most likely cause of this type of interference is the cars spark plug wires which degrade over time due to engine heat or chemical decomposition from engine fluids such as oil,grease,power steering fluid, brake fluid or anti-freeze. If you are experiencing this problem it's most likely because of the need for a tune-up. Another source of interference can be the charging system of your car. The alternator which produces electricity to charge your cars battery is essentially a source of electro-magnetic energy. It works by moving a magnet through a coil of wire and produces a alternating current which must then be rectified by the use of diodes. This changes the voltage to direct current which can then be used to charge your battery. If you experience any of these problems you can visit any auto parts store or electronics store and purchase an inexpensive interference filter.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links