Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheels Re-Placement For T180

RoadUser

Cheers Marsky.

The footnote on the warranty kind of says it al re the situation though ..."there is no warranty on chrome or polished finishes" which is what the diamond cut would come under :(

This type of finish looks very nice but is so often excluded from warranties it's the exception to ever have it covered (I've refurbished mine now anyway and refinished them in a nice shadow chrome paint effect just this morning so no more diamond cut to worry about :D )

18" original alloys with BSR removed....geolandars fitted.... much better ride.

Now on 17" alloys (Catania) with winter tyres fitted.....so much better ride. I got mine from http://wheelsworldwide.co.uk/, but you can get them from performancealloys.http://www.performancealloys.com/wheel-details.aspx?ID=1757)

if it was a choice of 17" or 18" as an all year round it would be 17".

Now on 17" alloys (Catania) with winter tyres fitted.....so much better ride. I got mine from http://wheelsworldwide.co.uk/, but you can get them from performancealloys.http://www.performan...ls.aspx?ID=1757)

Just wanted to add my insurance is due for renewal and i'm shopping around, non of these wheel changes by anyone i've phoned have been classed as modifications. Adrian flux never had any issue with them, but won't be going with them again, £280 more then LV this year and they accept the tire and alloy changes.

Best value I have come across is Toyota. They were cheapest and you only have one point of contact. I had a little issue with that Kia and they were a complete PITA. I got passed from pillar to post.

I am sure some people will disagree with the comment I am about to make but I would NOT suggest buying those Replica wheels to use as winter tyres, and this is the reason ....

They are diamond cut on the Rim and top of the spokes, and the problem with that is that with that finish there is no protection from the elements other then a layer of lacquer which is scant protection from the grit that is used by the local authorities in the UK.

My Cantanias all had water ingress at the rim edges and corrosion starting under the lacquer, and this was most unlikely to be caused by 'abuse' such as kerb scraping as the rim edge is so protected by the actual tyre.

I would go for the wheels that Anchorman (Don) bought as they a) look really nice and b ) are fully painted, not diamond cut so much better for Winter use (and being 17" I bet the Winter tyres are cheaper as well :) )

David.. I have had no issues whatsoever with the Catanias .. My ones have a good layer of laquer over all the wheel and have suffered no chipping or water ingress/damage at all. I did 10Kish miles through winter last year and as you know Scotland seem to love throwing grit and salt at every given opportunity...

I did however buy my wheels brand new and they were well sealed with a good quality wheel sealant which may or may not have made a difference...

I too would have bought a set of Toyota original wheels but the only ones on offer were overpriced original T180 wheels with mostly scraped or damaged rims ....

Now on 17" alloys (Catania) with winter tyres fitted.....so much better ride. I got mine from http://wheelsworldwide.co.uk/, but you can get them from performancealloys.http://www.performan...ls.aspx?ID=1757)

Just wanted to add my insurance is due for renewal and i'm shopping around, non of these wheel changes by anyone i've phoned have been classed as modifications. Adrian flux never had any issue with them, but won't be going with them again, £280 more then LV this year and they accept the tire and alloy changes.

Its not so much as a modification but an alteration to the standard spec of the car.. All alterations or modifications should be notified just to absolutely sure we are not in breach of the sometimes very strict rules some insurance company's apply

My insurer also had no problems and no additional premiums were required.

David.. I have had no issues whatsoever with the Catanias .. My ones have a good layer of laquer over all the wheel and have suffered no chipping or water ingress/damage at all. I did 10Kish miles through winter last year and as you know Scotland seem to love throwing grit and salt at every given opportunity...

I did however buy my wheels brand new and they were well sealed with a good quality wheel sealant which may or may not have made a difference...

I too would have bought a set of Toyota original wheels but the only ones on offer were overpriced original T180 wheels with mostly scraped or damaged rims ....

Charlie, I would think considering the way you look after your Motoring stuff with such care and attention, they would have remained as if they never saw the road even after 10k or 100k miles :thumbsup:

I think a wheel sealant is a good idea as well and that is the first thing I do when I get a new car (or new to me anyway) to try an minimise the effect of the harsh environment wheels have to endure.

I went to see couple of RAV4's yesterday and after much thinking I decided to stay away from T180 and run flats.

Just for the mind sake I went for 2.2 D4D, XT4 ('57) with 17".

Image here.

Thanks for all your suggestions.

Funny story yesterday, one dealer wanted me to buy a car without taking a test drive, as he assured me the car is OK.

He actually not allowed me to test drive the car. Dodgy.

I went to see couple of RAV4's yesterday and after much thinking I decided to stay away from T180 and run flats.

Image here.

Funny story yesterday, one dealer wanted me to buy a car without taking a test drive, as he assured me the car is OK.

I think that is a forum members old RAV ?

Image here.

Gus or Ben?

Image here.

No idea. I got it from an independent dealer.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links