Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lights

Truszy

Very unlikely to be of any use in fog lights, except for drawing attention from the law.

Stick to Normal headlights, you're probably only going to use the foglights for a few hours a year if you use them legally, and they do work better with a Yellow bulb, as mentioned above.

I agree with you both totally, but a car looks so much better when driven with both headlights and fog lights but looks so stupid with xenon headlights and standard yellow foglights!!!

Looks better for who?

The person passing you that has no idea who you are and wonders why you are allowed to drive if you are seeing fog when there isn't any, or looks better for you, the person who can't see them and just has a little light on the dash that is neither yellow or ice blue?

If its not foggy, then you don't need to use fog lights.

lol true but to be honest that can be said for many modifications, why stick some nice rims on when the car ride is gonna feel the same... i'll tell you why coz u want ur car to be seen and be admired, personally i think the car looks nicer with em on and it doesnt really dazzle other drivers or anything, i think its just OCD with me lol :)

Looks better for who?

The person passing you that has no idea who you are and wonders why you are allowed to drive if you are seeing fog when there isn't any, or looks better for you, the person who can't see them and just has a little light on the dash that is neither yellow or ice blue?

If its not foggy, then you don't need to use fog lights.

Totally agree Dave :thumbsup:

lol true but to be honest that can be said for many modifications, why stick some nice rims on when the car ride is gonna feel the same... i'll tell you why coz u want ur car to be seen and be admired, personally i think the car looks nicer with em on and it doesnt really dazzle other drivers or anything, i think its just OCD with me lol :)

The aim of the fog lights is to throw more light on the road directly in front of the car, so you can see the white line in the middle, and the verge or pavement on your left.

This light is thrown down at the road, and when it rains or the roads are greasy, this light reflects back up and does dazzle other drivers.

Thats why they are designed to be used in foggy conditions, as the glare to other drivers is reduced by the fog and therefore safer for other road users.

Sticking super bright lights in to replace them is asking for trouble, and 3 points and a £60 fine will also add to your insurance for 5 years.

When you look at it sensibly, it doesn't really compare to a set of alloy wheels.

I've got LED DRL bulbs inside my fog lights. They look cool, aren't too bright to dazzle but bright enough to be seen :)

You cant compare wheels with lights lol. All ill say is dont be shocked if you do get pulled. Trust me iv learnt from experience that running with fog lights on when its not foggy gets you in trouble.

On another note...

Im currently unsure of what to do with my head lights. I got some white smds in my side lights that look nice so i might match them with 6000k hids or maybe go 4300k with standard side lights or maybe go with the yellow 3000k HIDs. What would you guys recommend?

6000K HIDs is the best choice, 6000k is natural light color temperature because is Sun's surface temperature.

I've got 4300k and theres plenty of light and nice and white. After reading alot of reviews theres not alot of difference between the 2 just maybe the 4300k a little brighter

4300k will reflect more from the road being a slightly more yellow light, whereas 6000k will show the road surface as black.

4300k will reflect more from the road being a slightly more yellow light, whereas 6000k will show the road surface as black.

So which one is better to have? The one with no reflection?

4300 is brighter than 6000, but not by much. 6000 will match most of the LEDs because the light is a bit blue. Also looks better to me.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links