Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

450bhp Turbo Transplant Or Supra Tt ?

Jimlad

on one hand no !! I love my '2. But on the other hand... getting a big ***** supra to play with is also very appealing !! :)

Jim, get your car professionally lightened! thats another nice mod, i've said before go 100% carbon fibre! nice....

i say keep the 2.. supras are nice.. yes... and hp gains are easy.... but its a hecka common car for big hp gains... go for the underdog approach.. u guys say that everybody thinks so little of the 2... so prove them wrong!... theres a few mr2's here touching 10s in the 1/4 mile... :yes:

why stop at 450 bhp go for the full 800bhp

go further like a mad ***** and attempt to beat the 1000bhp barrier. Skylines beware!!!

-Z

If you are having thoughts of selling your two then dont spend any more money on it.

There are still lots of options left on your MR2 but the Supra is defo the next level.

Not sure on how you see your car james but I know I would miss the 'on the edge' drive that I get from my MR2.

MID ENGINE ALL THE WAY!!!!

You all know I've always been interested in the Supra... just don't know what to do.... argh !

Brrrm Brrrrm Supra

Looks like we have to temp ya then ;)

b1.jpg

1996 TOYOTA SUPRA RZ TWIN TURBO 6 SPEED

White, 39750 miles, ABS, TRC, PAS, Aircon, E/W, E/M, 18 inch Work alloys, Abflug front nose-cone, Toyota side-skirts, Toyota rear bumper splitters, HKS EVC, HKS Turbo-timer, Trust intercooler, Blitz Nur-Spec exhaust, Bilstein suspension, Toyota Recaro option seats now fitted, Facelift model front indicators, Engine strut bar, HKS air-filters.Fully UK converted, 12 months MOT, 6 months road tax, ready to go!!!

UK on the road price (including 12 months warranty) £14995

Cheers

KiwiMR2

Youve spent soo much wonga on it i would keep it for a while, but everyones different, i wouldnt mod the nuts off a car just to sell it if you see what i mean, id mod it to get it the way i liked it, to keep it :)

Although givent he choice of mr2 or supra the mr2 would have been binned by now :ph34r: so its a tricky one...... one things for sure, you will loose monumental amounts of money selling your two :( people arnt willing to pay for mods attached to a car for some reason.

One sligtly positive side is i hear you can insure a UK TT supra for less than an imported MR2T :thumbsup: (dont work with imported RZ's though i dont think :( )

Then theres your crash to take into account, no no claims makes a massive difference (going from none to a year made a £990 difference in my SX insurance :wacko: especially if youve had an accident in the last 3 years)

or get a 3.0 V6 SC conversion .. that'll be different ..

Why get a supra though, its a lot of shout about not alot if you ask me..... has anyone here driven a supra turbo, to give jim a kind of comparison..... Most people tend to think of is as the next step up, as did I at one stage but having been in one i'm not too sure, its a very heavy, slug like car - sure its fast and has tuning potential but I feel you will lose the fun factor you get with MR2.....

Why get a supra though, its a lot of shout about not alot if you ask me..... has anyone here driven a supra turbo, to give jim a kind of comparison..... Most people tend to think of is as the next step up, as did I at one stage but having been in one i'm not too sure, its a very heavy, slug like car - sure its fast and has tuning potential but I feel you will lose the fun factor you get with MR2.....

Hahaha....searching back over some old post's there have been a few similar opinions :)

I'll admit a Supra OWNS on the motorway and has that nice big solid feeling and obviously FEELS powerful but not like the quick feeling the MR2 gives ya.

Cheers

KiwiMR2

I think its because it of the turbo setup, its more progressive and feels simular to driving a big merc (Fast sofa on wheels). I'm sure as with the MR2 though it can be fettled to perform more aggressively, and then with a new suspension setup you might be able to attack some corners!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links