Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Mobley Problems

Demonic Angel

:help:

Dunno if anyone can help but I thought I'd give it a try as O2 are useless when it comes to Customer Service!

Bought an O2 X1 in Jan for a new 12 month contract after having a Sony Ericsson T68i - wonderful phone, wish I hadn't gotten rid of it now!

Anyway, the X1 has been ok, until recently. According to people I phone I keep cutting out, they can't hear me etc etc - I can hear them, they cant hear me and every so often the phone freezes whilst I'm texting or searching for a number.

Went into the O2 shop and explained all this to the girl behind the counter and she said that as I had bought it online and it was on an online tarriff I would have to contact the online customer services via email who could help me...

So I did and they emailed me back saying that as I had had the phone over 28 days that I needed to go into an O2 shop....

Went back into O2 shop and the same silly girl behind the counter instisted it was O2 online I needed and that the shop couldnt help me so I'm too-ing and fro-ing between them at the mo not sure what to do!

What I want to know is, has anyone else experienced problems with the X1 (not that anyone else would be silly enough to buy it - now I know why it was free!) and if so what did they do about it. I'm shocked at O2 as they have always been great in the past.

Should I go in and ask for the manager do you think as I dont wanna email O2 Online again to get the same response from them - I'll look like a right wally! :shutit:

Thanks!

Angel

yeah, try to see the manager.

Also, contact trading standards first to find out exactly where you stand. Usually just mentioning their name gets results.

Rich

Talk to the manager or at least a supervisor, make sure you take printouts of any emails into the shop with you, that way they can't make out like you are lying. If theres any confusion, they can always phone customer services themselves and clear up the matter. And make sure you complain to the manager about the poor customer service you have received.

You could also try phoning customer services, as they can be more helpful over the phone (they should hopefully experience 1st hand the problems you are having if you use your mobile to call them).

Good luck.

it will be the software in the phone and later versions of the phone will be much better so try and get it replaced on insurance

the old nokia 8310 suffered something chronic from its own software

:help:

Dunno if anyone can help but I thought I'd give it a try as O2 are useless when it comes to Customer Service!

Bought an O2 X1 in Jan for a new 12 month contract after having a Sony Ericsson T68i - wonderful phone, wish I hadn't gotten rid of it now!

Anyway, the X1 has been ok, until recently. According to people I phone I keep cutting out, they can't hear me etc etc - I can hear them, they cant hear me and every so often the phone freezes whilst I'm texting or searching for a number.

Went into the O2 shop and explained all this to the girl behind the counter and she said that as I had bought it online and it was on an online tarriff I would have to contact the online customer services via email who could help me...

So I did and they emailed me back saying that as I had had the phone over 28 days that I needed to go into an O2 shop....

Went back into O2 shop and the same silly girl behind the counter instisted it was O2 online I needed and that the shop couldnt help me so I'm too-ing and fro-ing between them at the mo not sure what to do!

What I want to know is, has anyone else experienced problems with the X1 (not that anyone else would be silly enough to buy it - now I know why it was free!) and if so what did they do about it. I'm shocked at O2 as they have always been great in the past.

Should I go in and ask for the manager do you think as I dont wanna email O2 Online again to get the same response from them - I'll look like a right wally! :!Removed!:

Thanks!

Angel

what you need to know is that you are on O2 Online(BT Genie) and not O2(BT Cellnet), I have the same problem, and have 5 companies fighthing my case such as Oftel(now OfCom), oh and made them go on BBC watchdog twice, gor loads of reasons, its been a nightmare for me , they even cut me off twice for no reason,

Went in today - manager wasnt in but spoke to a different girl who was really helpful actually!

She asked what phone it was and showed her it was the X1 and apparently they have been discontinued because of all the faults with them. Apparently a faulty batch was despatched in November, clean batch in December and another faulty batch in Jan. I bought my phone in Jan - so she thinks it may be part of the faulty batch from then.

I told her I have insurance and she said that if she were me she would contact the insurance, tell them the phone is faulty and ask for a new one. If not a new X1 then they will give me a phone with equivalent features.

Result me thinks, although gotta ring them now - I hope they give me a new snazzy phone to replace this one! :D

I must have been lucky with mine then cus i got the o2 x1 and have not had any problems with it at all.

the only bug with it is that there isnt a data cable available for it so getting photos off the phone to the laptop is a no go.

i have to send the photo to the other halfs phone nokia 6110 then infered it to the laptop.

but apart fm that a top phone :thumbsup:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links