Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Advice On Looking To Buy Avensis 2.0 Vvti Tspirit.

BigMo82

Hi, newbie to the forum but have been reading up for a while. I am looking to but an avensis 2003 (T25 i think) 2.0 VVTi T-Spirit petrol 5 door. The car I am going to view tomorrow is a 1 owner with a full history and it has covered around 80,000 miles. I have a few questions which I would really appreciatte some help with.

Does this model have a timing chain?

Is there a dual mass fly wheel on this model and roughly what is the cost of a new clutch kit and fitting? Are there any other common faults to look out for?

I know the t-spirit comes with alot of electrical gadgets but I am sure Toyota is reliable on this front?

I have only owned Vauxhalls up to this stage but my current Astra has another clutch problem so its time to look at another brand and the Avensis seems to tick all the right boxes.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

a clutch is a clutch and will wear depepending on how its driven (and mileage)

id hope the avensis clutch would be more heavy duty than an astra due to the weight difference.

i dont know if it has a dual mass flywheel but they are usually only found on high torque engines like modern common rail diesels and v6 petrols etc upwards and if your wanting do do launches at the lights it will not stand up to it for long lol... start and stop of engine would show any excess dmf clatter or the test drive would reveal any of your worries like high pedal or clutch judder or slip.

another thing to look out for on modern cars is the csc if fitted ( usually go hand in hand with a dmf) and should be replaced with each clutch a leaking csc will cause loss of clutch pedal pressureusually after sitting overnight.

ask for a warranty with the car to seal the deal

id also look for a site called euro car parts or similar to do a reg search and they wil list a dmf if the car has one and also get you the price of a clutch etc.

Thanks for the reply. I purchased the car yesterday.

Hi, newbie to the forum but have been reading up for a while. I am looking to but an avensis 2003 (T25 i think) 2.0 VVTi T-Spirit petrol 5 door. The car I am going to view tomorrow is a 1 owner with a full history and it has covered around 80,000 miles. I have a few questions which I would really appreciatte some help with.

Does this model have a timing chain?

Is there a dual mass fly wheel on this model and roughly what is the cost of a new clutch kit and fitting? Are there any other common faults to look out for?

I know the t-spirit comes with alot of electrical gadgets but I am sure Toyota is reliable on this front?

I have only owned Vauxhalls up to this stage but my current Astra has another clutch problem so its time to look at another brand and the Avensis seems to tick all the right boxes.

Thanks in advance for any replies.

No flywheel & Its chain driven. Just make sure its had regular oil changes/services.

Read this:

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=138591

This will show what comes with the T spirit & others.

http://www.toyota.co.uk/vs2/oldpdf/04/AV3_63_over.pdf

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links