Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Why Choose Avensis?

Dexter Morgan

Hi guys, considering choosing an Avensis router for my company car. Also in thr frame is the Hyundai i40. What made you choose the Avensis? What was it about the car that clinched it for you?

Ride comfort, engine performance & cabin size, looks.

Ride comfort - destroys motorways, A & B roads with ease. Not a sporty ride but its a big comfortable car not a sports car.

Engine performance - real world motoring (between 40 - 80 mph) the 2.2 D4D with 150 BHP has plenty of legs to allow me to make progress including strong overtakes.

Cabin size - I particularly liked the fact that the roof doesn't slope in anywhere near as much as other cars. The Saab I looked at made me tilt my head in the drivers seat because the roof curved in so much. Excellent space in the back - so much more than Audi and C class Mercedes offered. You get a lot of space inside compared to the outside size of the car - enormous boot. Audis seem like a reverse Tardis. Big on the outside, tiny on the inside.

Finally the looks were a factor. Not dramatic or sporty, but simple stylish lines. Understated class.

• Like 1

reliable, comfortable, economical, practical.

Pleasant cabin design with good storage

Fairly high spec. for the price

Don't know about Hyundai dealers but in my experience Toyota dealers are better than Ford, Vauxhall.

• Like 1

Low noise level.

Comfortable ride.

Ease of access and legroom to the rear seats.

Good level of specification to the TR model.

Value for money compared to other makes.

Good comprehensive and long manufacturers warranty.

High reliability figure from motoring press.

Good mpg for a petrol car of its size.

Looks good particularly in Tourer form.

All these combined to make it a good deal for a private buyer and had good residuals for when its time to change.

• Like 1

I've just taken delivery of my second D4D T2 Tourer.

Last one did 150 k miles since March 2009.

The reason I chose the T2 was steel wheels. I do high mileage so I wanted high profile comfortable tyres, I don't like alloys because they are prone to kerb damage and in my experience, they leak after about 3 years.

There were a number of makes on my list, Ford, vauxhall, Audi, BMW, Mercedes etc but I chose another Avensis because it does everything it says on the tin and in 150 k miles, I never moaned about it.

It is economical, comfortable, carries a huge load and even the 2 litre diesel is torquey and pulls like a freight train.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links