Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Aygo Leak!

Gloria

Hi, I have an 07 Toyota Aygo, which is leaking water. I understand from reading a few posts that this in not a rare occurrence, however I would like some advise.

I went to the toyota garage today and told them about my problem, They quoted me 500-600 pounds and told me they would need to keep my car for 3 days, I understand why they would need to keep my car, however 500-600 pounds seem a bit excessive. I have a feeling it may be a higher price as I am female and clueless about cars.

I know my car is no longer under warranty, however is there anything I can do to get toyota to fix this at a more reasonable price? It shouldn't be leaking in the first place, so why should I have to pay 600 pounds to fix something that is because of their manufacturing?

Thanks

That's outrageous.

Before going into this any further you need to tell us more about this leak. Where exactly is the water? There is list of known areas/fittings that are prone to leak so knowing where the water is collecting would be helpful. Generally, fixing a leak(s) is not that expensive and most certainly nowhere near the £500 or £600 quoted. Tell us more then maybe we can save you some money!!

DSH

As you are aware your car is now out of warranty even beyond the 5 year extension that Toyota put in place. Under the terms of the 5 year extension there is a very strict & long winded process that Toyota require us to go through which involves us checking and repairing all the known water ingress issues:

Water ingress through door seals. new seals for each door + additional gutters if leaking these seals are approx £80 each + vat and labour and on a 5 door there would six of them (I approx £480 just in parts )

Water ingress through antenna base, easy one remove the base and seal with butyl tape .

Water ingress into boot, three possible issues here two of which can leak water into the rear foot wells,

1. The glass stoppers either side of the boot above the lamps can leak, new stoppers sealed in with butyl tape, these can leak along the boot floor into the rear foot wells

2. The high level stop lamp, a new lamp with a modified seal is needed

3. Rear panel vents behind the bumper, leak into rear spare wheel well, new modified vent are fitted.

I suspect your dealer has quoted you an all in repair including most if not all of the above.

Hi, I have an 07 Toyota Aygo, which is leaking water. I understand from reading a few posts that this in not a rare occurrence, however I would like some advise.

I went to the toyota garage today and told them about my problem, They quoted me 500-600 pounds and told me they would need to keep my car for 3 days, I understand why they would need to keep my car, however 500-600 pounds seem a bit excessive. I have a feeling it may be a higher price as I am female and clueless about cars.

I know my car is no longer under warranty, however is there anything I can do to get toyota to fix this at a more reasonable price? It shouldn't be leaking in the first place, so why should I have to pay 600 pounds to fix something that is because of their manufacturing?

Thanks

LOTS OF LEAK INFO: http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/116983-leaks-database/

I have the same car, same year, same issue with water leaks in the boot (LHS) and LHS passenger footwell. Wrote to Toyota to complain after garage quoted me £126 just to look at what could possibly cause the leaks...Their response which took a week is sorry but there's nothing we can do... Useless !

Funnily enough I went in last week as I have a door seal leak in my 2012 Aygo Fire. Obviously it's getting done under warranty for free of charge, however, as I'm not 21 for another month, I'm waiting until then so the courtesy car will be free, instead of having to pay £9/day insurance cover. It's not a lot but the way I see it is, I shouldn't have to pay a penny when it's not my fault the car is leaking!

• 2 weeks later...

where is the leak? front, rear or boot (or even headlining)?

had a leak in the front of mine. After much testing, it mattered which angle the car was parked at as to which side it leaked. ended up being the area behind the Speakers in the front doors... it now has dynamat stuck in there with some plastic (something like a grow bag) stuck to the inside that drops over the speaker.

terrible designed little car for leaks, apparently the aygo is the worst out of the 3 (C1 , 107)

• 6 years later...

I have a 2013 Aygo, which when it rains the boot gets wet, water pools where my spare tyre is. Now my back seat is wet. Can anyone advise me where the leak could be coming from 

Check the high level brake light and rear light clusters.

• 3 months later...

i have also a 2013  toyota aygo and like the rest of the owners on here i think its a disgrace that this and many other car companies are making cars that have probably the same or other faults   i have now displayed on my car do not buy this car  as if you go on the wed site you will understand why   so far ive had 20 odd people thank me as they had planned to buy one  but will now look else were  

i agree with you papap

toyota have designed a car that has a flaw in its design from its conception

so why should toyota expect to pay an owner to pay for repairs when this issue

should of been corrected during its developement.

in this day and age you should be able to expect that a car you purchace is

water tight , its not a lot to ask for.

7 minutes ago, eygo said:

toyota have designed a car that has a flaw in its design

Surely it was a product of the joint venture between Toyota and PSA, rather than being a pure Toyota design.

The main reason they leak is due to penny pinching. All the leak spots seem to be due to poor quality gaskets and seals that have degraded (top brake light, light clusters and vents). Bizarrely there are no upgrades or gasket replacements available so you have to resort to the bathroom silicone sealant or buy complete units (and whos to say the seals will be any better). My daughters 08 Aygo leaked like a sieve. However, if you take a look at all the tips online (C1OC, Youtube etc) you can fix the problem. Ours is totally dry now even after all the recent torrential rain. Pointless spending a fortune at the dealer. Just DIY it. A few hours work and a fivers worth iof silicone is all you need to fix most of the issues.

2 hours ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Surely it was a product of the joint venture between Toyota and PSA, rather than being a pure Toyota design.

yes it was a joint venture but toyota could of opened their mouths

and forced a redesign of the gaskets for the lights, aerial, vents and stoppers

you buy toyota and expect to be buying a quality product not a sieve

Then again Toyota did provide a five year extended warranty on leaks .....

2 minutes ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Then again Toyota did provide a five year extended warranty on leaks .....

aren't toyota good for extending the warranty to 5 years for an issue that they caused

Better offer than PSA gave for the C1's and 107's affected.

1 hour ago, FROSTYBALLS said:

Better offer than PSA gave for the C1's and 107's affected.

that maybe so but it still isnt morally right for the owner of any of the above cars to be held responsible for the repair of car that had design issues / faults known to the manufacturer.

Which is true of any vehicle manufacturer, but in the real world doesn't work in the owner's favour. That's life.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links