Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help Got Couple Of Problems

koji4471

Hope someone can help me, I have 3 questions/problems (well 2 of them might be 1 thing), my first is Im having problem with my alarm, it unlocks fine but I have to use the key to lock it I have however found that if i clean/jiggle the boot lock it will work for a short time???.

my next one is can my tyres affect the performance of my car as I have recently had both front wheel bearings changed but there still seems to be some drag with the car, Ive also been told it could be the gearbox oil which is my last question how much oil do I put in the gearbox or is there a manual I can buy anywhere?

sorry if this topic makes me sund clueless but I really dont know a thing about cars (welder by trade)

cheers guys/gals

Can't help with the alarm, sorry.

Tyres are critical to performance. Cheap tyres often use a soft compound rubber increasing rolling resistance. Correct pressures make a massive difference. I'm running Bridgestone T001s at the moment. They have improved my fuel consumption by approx. 5 mpg over the Bridgestone ER500s they replaced. Wheel alignment makes a huge difference also.

Gearbox oil is meant to last the life of the car so shouldn't need anything doing - although there are loads of guys on here who have changed theirs. They will be able to advise you on what to use. Refill until it runs back from the filler plug is normal level I think.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links