Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tr Estate Diesel

Pedal Head

New to the forum so Hi.

I'm looking to buy a late model Avensis estate to replace a company Focus estate. Couple of questions which are probably best answered here rather than a show room. Firstly what is the real world fuel economy like? many of my miles are motorway or dual and I'm not heavy footed however despite the 1.6 Focus's claimed 67.2 I see about 49 on average. Secondly I carry surfboards and sails often inside the car so a long flat loadspace is important and getting the front passenger seat to lay flat is a real benefit, is this possible? Besides economy disparity the focus lacks grunt in the 55 to 70 mph range making overtaking an event you need to plan a week in advance so I'm looking at the 2.0 D4D

Thanks for any help

My 2009 2.0 diesel saloon does around 50mpg. Perhpas that would be a bit higher if only on duals/motorways. At 120 odd bhp it's not a rocket in 6th but it does sit up and take notice. I've not driven a diesel focus for comparison tho.

i have the older t25 model and discovered the gear ratios are a little wide to drop a gear to accelorate rappidly. the load hight is a little to be desired as well prob not an issue with sails etc but when i helped someone move we couldnt stand thier electric ire upright.

coop

Don't know how flat you need the front seat to go but I was a little disappointed with mine. Worth having a go at the showroom, after all, you're the (potential) customer so make sure you check whatever you want to check. If it doesn't work, you may have to walk away.

Hi Dave,

I have a 2012 TR tourer. The rear seats fold down almost flat, maybe 15mm or so off. There is 1.92 metres of space between the front seats and the inside of the tailgate with both front seats set midway, for us folks of average height.

I get 47mpg on rural short journeys and up to 55mpg on motorways driving at 70mph. The acceleration in the speed range you mention is quite good (in my opinion) if you keep the revs in the high torque range.

Hope this helps.

Bob

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for the replies, narrowed the choice down to 2, either Avensis or Astra SE 2.0 Cdti

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links