Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Gunson G4062 Eezibleed Kit & Avensis T22

Pahoo

I consider to buy a Gunson G4062 Eezibleed Kit for use with my Avensis 2.0 T22 (11/2000 Facelift with 1AZ-FSE Engine).

Can anyone confirm that one of the attached caps will fit my Avensis brake liquid resevoir screw top?

Yes it does, I've just used mine this morning on a 98 avensis ;)

Beaten to it. I have the Gunson Eezibleed and know that practically every car is catered for.

Great piece of kit to have too.

• 2 weeks later...

I used it today on my Avensis.

Although there is one cap that looks to fit the Avensis brake fluid reservoir ... it didn't.

I screwed it tightly to the reservoir (about 270 degrees), but it actually wasn't tight and liquid was leaking out of the cap :-(

After I cleaned up the mess I checked again (without pressure) and the screwed the cap again to the reservoir and could see, that the edge of the reservoir has been pressed on the black rubber gasket of the gunson cap. So it should have been tight.

I'm puzzled. Does anyone has an advice?

I have had my Eeziblrrd for a few years and had a lot of caps in the kit and the correct cap worked fine. Unless the cap you used is not quite correct or slightly out of true, you will have to contact Gunson.

That is all I can say.

WOW the Gunson EeziBleed! That was the ONLY piece of kit I could use to bleed the hydraulic brake release on a particular forklift truck, imagine needing to bleed a 30 foot brake line that went up and over a 15 foot forktruck lifting mast using the pump method ...,,, impossible! I used to get the spare wheel out of the Transit van connect it up and hey presto, job done!

Yes I can recommend the Eezibleed for cars if you have no friends to help you in the usual way :D .

Pete.

Ok, another try today:

Applied brake lube (ATE Bremszylinderpaste) to both sides of the Ganson rubber gasket of the cap and screwed the cap strongly to the reservoir.

Then I did a "dry" test with pressure and heard air whisteling through the thread.

Another strong twist of the cap and the whisteling ceased.

Disconnected the tire, filled brake fluid into the Ganson bottle, reconnected pressure and this time it finally was tight and the Ganson set worked perfectly.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links