Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Ect Power

chitorb

I would like to know how important to have ECT Power in your toyota van? thanks

I would like to know how important to have ECT Power in your toyota van? thanks

Not important, it just gives more acceleration

I bought a imported 1993 lucida and there's no switch for the ECT. Do you know how to enable this switch? tHANKS

In my speedometer, there's a ECT Power light indicator but have no switch. Do you know where I can trace this? THanks

Yup, It is automatic. But in the catalog there is a switch. THanks

My Surf is the same, it has a hard/soft suspension light on the dash, but does not have adjustable suspension,think it was an option when new but they just leave out the switch and bulb.

Anyway, I'll still ask car shop if they can find a trace for this. THanks

My Surf is the same, it has a hard/soft suspension light on the dash, but does not have adjustable suspension,think it was an option when new but they just leave out the switch and bulb.

Agreed, my car has an ABS light but no ABS

The ECT Power button doesn't actually increase power output from the engine. It is also not only fitted to the turbo engine; it's an automatic transmission feature. What it does is shifts each pre-programmed change point (in RPM) up a few hundred RPM, letting the engine rev a little harder before the electronic transmission shifts up to the next gear. This gives a little more acceleration on hills, overtaking etc, as the transmission isn't dropping into the next gear quite so early, and makes better use of top end power, at the expense of economy. (Thanks to Wayne Poll)

so you mean, i don't exactly need this?

No this is not essential at all, and as the others have said about the dash panel, they are generic across the range, except where the dash layout differs, so the lower spec models will have lights for features that it might not actually have.

If any of you have imports with the Kph to Mph convertors on them, you might consider that the features that are speed related will not operate, ie tems and ectthis is because at 60mph you motor will think it is doing 36mph.

As Simon suggests, you don't 'need' this.

Some of the toys/buttons on these vehicles are great distractions/novelties when you first get the vehicle.

However, once you stop playing with the buttons you realise that some are quite superfluous.

I used to use my ect plenty, but never touch it now. If you want more revs between changes just hammer the gas pedal....or adjust kickdown to suit....

Many thanks to you guys. I dont know about the other will say about this. But Im quite convince... more or less.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links