Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Wheel Refurb Kits

97paseo

Kerbed one of my Tooras (again) - badly this time... :ffs:

So, anyone know what those Halfords kits are like or if those mobile repair guys are able to have a go?

It's just the rim, two wheels need doing. I really don't want to have to send them away for it to be done. :(

I think those mobile repair guys will be fine. I'm gonna get someone out to do all 4 of my wheels. They are kerbed to death.

Ta Jimlad. Any ideas how much they charge?

Also anyone got any recomendations or is it a Yellow Pages job?

you should find something here mate...

WHEEL REPAIRS LINK

I was looking into it a while back and will get it done before show season. Do you know if somewhere can make them all shiny as hell ? "Bling" style ?

Do you know if somewhere can make them all shiny as hell ? "Bling" style ?

There are a couple of options here.

Plated/mirror polished (both cost a fortune as they have to be hand finished)

or there are wheel companies with wheel lathes. Basically they put the wheel in a lathe and face mill it. The effect looks great.....mirror finish on the top of the spokes and the rim, subtle shading on the edges. Then loads of lacquer.

BUT, if you kerb it, even a slight scuff, moisture gets in and it looks horrendous within a few weeks.

My local place does a two tone effect on wheels. Powder coated in really shiny silver and then all of the spoke sides and lowspots are fogged with black. Real subtle and excellent finish.

Rich

Cheers. :thumbsup:

Some of them can 'bling' them up I think, you could get them chromed! :yes:

let me know if you get it done and by whom. Like I said, I'll be doing it soon myself too.

You could get them chromed ? Sweet... may just buy big 18" Chrome jobbys tho... not sure. Will be £££ !

Refurb will do for now tho me thinks.

I think it's about £50 per wheel... not sure.

I was going to send my stock Rev2 wheels to Wheelworks in Birmingham for a full referb. They could restore them to original condition and also get them coloured to virtually any colour you wanted - chrome (colour not product), white, black, anthrasite, yellow, blue... you name it! I was quoted £25 per wheel for anthrasite and it would take aproximately 48 hours. In this time they would hold onto your car, remove the wheels, tyres, get them cleaned up, restored, colour treatment, refit the tyres, balanced and refitted to your car.

They also do a damn good deal on tyres (if you ask them nicely :P ), shocks and exhausts.

Website HERE

I am getting all my wheels refurbed tomorrow by CAR MEDIC for £200 They are badly curbed and scraped. He is coming to my house and doing them. :thumbsup:

hmmmmm I have a BIG thing against sending car / parts off for anyone else to touch as they never get it right (fussy lol)

I have one minor curb mark and a couple little 'knicks' that the tyre place did with taking wheels off grrrr. Thats all there is on the whole set so hardly worth sending off

Not seen these repair kits. Thing is they are titanium finish - these kits do the job on those?... price?.... how much can you do with them? - eg theres a couple alloys with all the laquer coming off that I'd like to do and have a go at painting in a unique effect.

Surely someone on here has actually tried one of these kits??!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links