Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Avensis 03 Remote Problem

Disprin

I have a problem with my 03 plate avensis 2.0vvti t-spirit.

When I try to lock and unlock the car i have to have the key really close to either front door or the middle of the windscreen.

I thought it was just the Battery in the remote so had this changed but this did not solve the problem. Have had the Battery in the remote changed twice now with no change in the problem.

I have also tried my spare key and changed the Battery in that one too but I still have the same problem with both remotes.

Any one got any ideas????

I know this is a shot in the dark, but I wonder if the amount of new signals like 4G mobile phone signals which is affecting the transmission.

If both your keys have the same problem, then the problem is with the transceiver in the car. If you go to another area or out away from built up areas and test the system and it improves then you have found your problem. The next problem is to find a remedy.

My car remote used to work from a long distance, and still does to a certain extent. Other times I have to be a few yards from the car.

We are surround by a lot of wireless gadgets, wifi, mobile phone transmitters, the list goes on and increasing.

• Like 1

Thank you for the suggestion but unfortunately it happens all the time no matter how built up the area or if in countryside.

Does anyone know where the transciever is located in the car so i can check nothing has come loose or if it looks damaged?

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links