Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sr180 Custom Exhaust

pedro9474

I'm booking the Sr180 into get a stainless fitted next week but just
wondered how far back they could do the piping i.e DPF or Cat where they
are fitted on the car ?????? etc and any comments are very welcome .

I got quoted £330.00 for a Cat back custom built he also advised changing
the pipe work from 2" to 2 1/2" so all in all i thought that was a
great price still unsure which tailpipe to go for though.

Pedro

Hi Pedro! Sounds very promising, you should really change everything from the front to the back if you have a chance to do it at once. Then just improve suction with better air filter and you'll be good to go. Should improve the figures on a car with such engine very well :)

If you are after some power, just keep it simple and install some large tip. Well, of course it's not only practical, but also looks good!

Spoke to the fitter this morning looking at reducing the size of the back box because it looks like something off a generator witth 2.5" pipe from the DPF/Cat to the back box with an oval 4" x 3" tail pipe cut slightly into the rear bumper.

If going by what i have read on various other sites about DPF removal its a not an option as it interferes with the engine management hence the reason for a an exhaust from the DPF back.

Pedro ...

Yes mate, leave the DPF alone ! I was also given a cat-back quote for the SR at £350 with 2.5" diameter piping. Quite a reasonable price I thought.

Most custom exhaust shops don't use mandrel formed bends so can actually be worse performing that the original system. Something you might want to check before going ahead.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links