Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Sound Buy ?

fenderzoo

Hi all , after owning a corolla for last 3 trouble free years im looking to maybe purchase a used avensis around 06 - 08 , want to avoid diesel so more than likely go for 1.8 vvti engine , just wanted views on choice , any spec worth paying more for ie t3 etc .. Also would 06 and newer be free from problem of burning excess oil ? , looking at stats seems like ill be getting similar fuel economy as corolla which is on 07 ... Thanks in advance

I'm in the same position matey...love the look of the new shape Avensis 09+...and could do with the extra space...coming up to 3 years with my Rolla...they are so mega reliable but can get a bit boring hey lol...for me its either the Avensis or even better the Verso as i have 3 young children...only if i can accept the 7 seater image though lol...

I look forawrd to peoples responses to your question on here! :flowers:

From mid/late 05 on should be clear of the oil problem. I've had two 1.8vvti's, the manual gave me 40-52mpg and the auto 35-42mpg. The auto felt a bit underpowered once above slow speeds. The manual was ok but you have to drop gears if you want it to sit up and take notice. Bottom spec is T2 which has everything you need (like manual air-con, electric front windows, remote locking, height adj driv seat, 8 spkr stereo) but it doesn't have the things that you want (like alloys, climate control, auto wipers, electric rear windows). The T3s is very similar to the T2 but has alloys and a pretty crap sat-nav. The T3x has a fair bit of kit and should be easy to pick up as there's loads around. There's also a Colour Collection which was a special and had a few bits n bobs, and the top of the range T-Spirit which had the lot (but there's not many around).

Perhaps look at the new 09on shape if your budget permits. It has a new 1.8 petrol engine with great economy figures and lower tax bracket.

Thanks alan , was thinkin maybe hold on a few months keep corolla n go for a 09 v matic , found a cheapish 1.6 but thinkin maybe bit under powered for size of car

maybe go for a 09 v matic , found a cheapish 1.6 but thinkin maybe bit under powered for size of car

Check the performance figures. IIRC the 1.6 valvematic has more power than the 1.8vvti. I've not driven the 1.6 but I have driven the 1.8 valvematic and it blew the 1.8vvti away.

The new shape is a far better drive in my opinion.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links