Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Egr Valve Blanking..on2.0D4D.

Exvec

?Anybody heard of it or done it,the EGR valves are a pain i partially blanked my last car(Vectra c1.9 CDTI) and had no trouble from it afterwards??

Do a search on the forum. Lots of chatter about wanting to do it but, if memory serves, no actual feedback form someone who has done it.

ive done it

it will work but will throw a EML after a short while P0400

ive done it

it will work but will throw a EML after a short while P0400

Hi Phil,I used a blanking plate in my Vectra c 2.0dti with a hole in the actual plate this stopped the fault code from coming on and the egr was disabled in the software on the ecu ..?can this be done with these cars do you know?

Not on Toyota, Vauxhall use a EPROM, Electronic Programmable Read Only Memory, the Toyota ECU is not re-writable.

You could drill a 10mm hole in the plate so that the ECU detects a change in airflow thro the EGR.

I never got round to doing this as I sold the Avensis

• Like 1

Not on Toyota, Vauxhall use a EPROM, Electronic Programmable Read Only Memory, the Toyota ECU is not re-writable.

You could drill a 10mm hole in the plate so that the ECU detects a change in airflow thro the EGR.

I never got round to doing this as I sold the Avensis

Thanks for that Phil?any idea where i can get hold of a blanking plate for this egr.

Hard to find a Denso blanking plate, I made mine cut out of an old wing I had lying about, scribed the shape and then cut around it, it really does not have to be mm perfect

mines is blanked

1cd250 d4d variant

done it a couple months back made my own out a bit of 4mm aluminium plate i traced round the old gasket but have kept the gasket as i will bang it in come mot time and clear the light. then prob put in blanking plate again as it only takes minutes.

threw a p0400 egr flow fault after 50 miles

im still running like this and been fine

dont see point drilling a small hole as i twill block up eventually and cause the same code.

ive also done a service with fully synth and fitted new glow plugs(very long ones)

surprised how smooth and effortless the engine has got.

• Like 2

mines is blanked

1cd250 d4d variant

done it a couple months back made my own out a bit of 4mm aluminium plate i traced round the old gasket but have kept the gasket as i will bang it in come mot time and clear the light. then prob put in blanking plate again as it only takes minutes.

threw a p0400 egr flow fault after 50 miles

im still running like this and been fine

dont see point drilling a small hole as i twill block up eventually and cause the same code.

ive also done a service with fully synth and fitted new glow plugs(very long ones)

surprised how smooth and effortless the engine has got.

The hole drilled into the middle of the blanking plate should rule out the check light ruling out the removal at MOT time,?have you tried that.

mot aint for another 9 months so will try it next time i open bonnet and disconnect intercooler pipe.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links