Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

P900 N flashing : position of actuator clutch to dismount it

OwiKiki

Hello i Would know if someone knowns where the clutch actuator Is positionned in the motor Yaris 2 ( 2009) 1.4 D4D diesel nlp90 ( i also have checked the search on the forum, : clutch actuator Is damaged/dying ^^ )

And i did the presentation in the right section 🙂

This information would help me to dismount it ( After putting it in maintenance mode )

I join a picture of it, i Can dimount all the right side: batterie, air box, easily,

And to check the motor(to check the known contamination) that may cause clutch to die , and N mode flashing while stop or while driving, 

It does N flashing 4 following days a week , and sometime when Sun IS here, or when i warm the motor : all ok no N flashing and the Gears engage  perfect ( i keep my car in my garage, but does work 1,2,3, etc) for 3 min, then back to N flashing and have to reboot etc etc 

Thanks for all the future replies ;)

Cheers ;)

17144113910666806150279741070287.jpg

PS: i know what the pièce looks like ( the whole, not only its motor) but to know what other parts, Gear/ wire i may dismount to easy unmount the actuaror clutch 😉

Thanks!

Hi Owikiki, the clutch actuator is likely on the driver's side of the transmission bell housing refer to a repair manual or online guides for the specific location. Unless you have experience replacing the clutch actuator yourself can be complex. So consider a repair manual, online guides, search 2009 Yaris clutch actuator replacement, try youtube as this has many videos or a mechanic who will do this for you.

The N light flashing could be due to the clutch actuator, air in the hydraulic line, low clutch fluid, or a faulty clutch position sensor.

Briefly check for leaks, damage, and clutch fluid level. Consider a mechanic for proper diagnosis and repair due to the intermittent nature of the problem.

I understand you're familiar with the general appearance of a clutch actuator and want to know the specific parts you might need to remove.

I can offer some general advice based on typical clutch actuator replacements.

Removing the Battery is a common first step for many car repairs, including clutch actuator replacement. It provides more working space in the engine bay.

Air intake assembly,this typically includes the air filter box and intake hoses. Disconnecting them allows for better access to the clutch actuator and surrounding area.

Depending on the specific repair manual instructions, you might need to loosen or remove the transmission mount to tilt the transmission slightly for better clearance during actuator removal. This is a step best guided by a repair manual or mechanic.

Parts to Avoid Disconnecting,wires,generally, don't disconnect wires from the clutch actuator unless absolutely necessary according to a repair manual. These wires might connect to sensors or control modules and disconnecting them could require reprogramming or calibration procedures beyond a simple replacement. A repair manual will specify if wire disconnection is necessary.You shouldn't need to remove any gears during the clutch actuator replacement process. Gears are internal components within the transmission and shouldn't be tampered with unless you have extensive experience in transmission disassembly.This is only general advice and you should always seek professional advice.

Hope this helps :smile:

• Like 1

Thanks for your Reply ^^

Yes absolutly nice advices, Tomorrow i will "osint" for thoses replacement specific tutos, ^^

Im aware of the " learning Gears reprog, the way to dismount the actuator's motor should be the best first step , as you said 🙂

I Will update this, with pics if possible, Hope this thread, your Reply and futures's one would help maximum people ...because of Toyo crafting this component, IS approx 2000€ the actuator ^^

See you later 🙂

Hello 🙂

Just a little vid, After unmounting/dismounting the Battery, the airbox and it's métal support , to get this view :

Well, here it's like raining non stop while at home and it stops when working ( away from Yaris 😆

So, in this current week, some progress on motor dismout will happen i Hope 😊

See you, and have a nice day 😉

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links