Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tsport With Blown Engine...... What Are My Options

Criostoir

Hi guys Im chris from Ireland. I recently sold my t3 corolla and got a tsport, all was well till the engine threw a leg. I cant find a replacment engine 2zz so i got a 4zz engine and need to know what will i need to get in order to fit it, I believe i will need exhaust mani, ecu loom. I have looked at the ecu in the car and i see the internal loom is different. I really dont want to break this car. any help greatly appreciated

I believe they are the same block however they have a different cylinder head, ancillaries and internals. The mounts all line up and bolt straight in.

The wiring looms are different and the ECU's are different so you will need to swap the lot out.

Why not rebuild the engine you have? Did you smash up the block or something? If you have any major parts like an undamaged head and such could you let me know as I want to do a 2ZZ conversion into an AE92.

KP

Just out of curiosity is the 4zz not one of the1.4 petrol engines used in the Auris?

Wouldn't the gearing be a bit of a mess as the ratio's are a tad off, madvingar covered it in this post.

Or have you got a C50 gearbox as well?

The 4ZZ engine was carried over from the Corolla into the Auris

The engine was removed by a mate and was disposed off accidently. I have the loom from engine I blew a huge hole in the side of the block ::(( Now i have a 4zz fitted. It lines up with the mounts..I also fitted the 4zz loom from a 2003 corolla. this however doesnt connect up under the dash to the interior loom. Im kinda running out off ideas!! Is it possible to put back in the 2zz loom and ecu and run the 4zz on it? is there a possibilty of over fuelling ???Hope somebody can help. Thanks again

You can't run the 2zz loom and ecu on any other engine.. It's bespoke to the 2zz.. You can get a 2zz engine out of England no probs.. There's loads on dbay.. I had my old 1 for sale 2 months ago after I did my build swap..

You can't run the 2zz loom and ecu on any other engine.. It's bespoke to the 2zz because of the VVTL-i and not just VVTi they are 2 completley different systems chances are the 4zz wouldn't even start.. You can get a 2zz engine out of England no probs.. There's loads on dbay.. I had my old 1 for sale 2 months ago after I did my build swap..

www.deijne.nl for a replacement engine

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links