Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Problem After Mot

killie

Hi

Been a while since I've posted, not been using the Rav much lately and as were emigrating are putting it up for Sale soon

with that in mind thought I would get the MOT done .Took it round this morning early got a call about an hour later to say the

Car was ready to pick up. Wen't round couple of advisories Front Brake Pads a bit low & Offside Ball joint gaiter could do with replacing in the near future. Anyway car had passed and I have a spare set of Pads I've been waiting to put on.

So drove the car home never paid any mind to the dash lights as they are always OK.

Had the car out for a run later on the motorway noticed the engine management light was on. Can't think why i never noticed it when i came back from the MOT.

Anyway was off to visit someone figured i would have a go at resetting the light when i got their. I figured the easiest and quickest would be to disconnect the earth lead on he Battery for about 10 -15 minutes.

here's where it seems to go wrong :ermm: I heard a chiming noise lasted about 20 seconds then all quiet. So left it for 20 mins

went back reconnected the lead car started engine management light stayed off. Then the problem putting in to drive it's an Auto, the car started shuddering not much but enough to be noticed,looking at the revs they seemed lower than normal .

Took a chance and pulled away car drove fine pick up through the gears was OK., came to a stop same problem.

ran it down the Motorway and back and it seems OK now, but im wondering is their something lurking ?

Apologies for the long Post. with hindsight should have taken it back to the MOT station but I was a fair distance away and

figured it would be a simple reset

Thanks for any replies

Ian

The chiming happens when you disconnect the Battery - normal.

I also think the transmission went through a re-learning phase and should settle down.

Hi

Thanks for the reply

seems to be OK at the moment. Hope it stays that way.

That makes sense about the gear box thought it might be software related

thanks again

Ian

Yeah, if you disconnect the Battery on some Fords you have to drive for 20 mins in a certain laid out pattern of different styles or it won't even tick over without stalling.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links