Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Where Has All My Water Gone?

Jon Blund

Avensis 2006 sedan.

A few days ago a 10 liter plastc can in my trunk containing water started to leak.

I expect all the water to be nicely placed in the bottom of my trunk where the spare tyre is. But no. I was able to get 3 liters out of the bottom of the trunk. Another liter from the floor in front of the back seat. Another liter from the dehumidifier i placed inside the car.

Now the air is dry, the carpet is dry and the back seat is dry, but I still miss 5 liters of water.

So where is it? How do I remove the back seat to look under it and see of a compartment of some kind holds the rest of the water?

Any suggestions to where I can find the rest of my water?

Are there any rubber bungs in the spare wheel well/boot floor that the water could have leaked past?

John, if the car isn't misting up then I shouldn't worry. Any amount of water inside a car seems to make them mist up dramatically. No mist, no problem.

Checked the rubber bungs. There is no way that the water could have escaped through these.

It seem that the remaining water is evenly distributed all over the floor, under the carpet.

So all I have to do is to be patient, start my dehumidifier every evening. Get 2 or 3 dl of water captured during the night, and then eventually: All the water gone.

Sounds like a good plan to me. I hope you get it all out quickly.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links