Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

New Owner

**RAZER**

Hello everyone, I have just got myself a rav4 xt3 3 door.

I am already a toyota owner with my celica tsport, but this means when it snows now I dont have to worry about my 'precious' sliding off the road.

Any tips or advise on upkeep or issues will be welcomed.

post-128275-0-63034600-1372756705_thumb.

post-128275-0-15938700-1372756734_thumb.

post-128275-0-64523800-1372756780_thumb.

By absence of air intake scoopy thing on bonnet, I presume your wee stonker is a petrol, Kenny........totally bomb proof. Check all brake discs for corrosion on their INNER faces, which would normally manifest itself by brake pedal vibration and/or grinding. Otherwise, since its a chain drive cam, just keep the oil clean and enjoy.

Big Kev

Thx Kevin, yep the brake disks are all in good condition, and apart from a slight dry bearing noise from alternator, the car looks and drives nicely.

The garage is gonna sort it out before I collect it next week.

It is petrol engined, and if it copes well in the snow, I will be well pleased

Whenever I see a 3 door I wonder why Mr.T stopped making them, the management would have one in an instant if she could get a new one. Snow what is that, don't think we get it down here :)

Kenny she looks good.

By absence of air intake scoopy thing on bonnet, I presume your wee stonker is a petrol, Kenny........totally bomb proof. Check all brake discs for corrosion on their INNER faces, which would normally manifest itself by brake pedal vibration and/or grinding. Otherwise, since its a chain drive cam, just keep the oil clean and enjoy.

Big Kev

.......and if no gonnae be used, take that daft tow bar affsky, mate.......before yer shinty career get ruined...get it....shinty...?

Can also highly recommend winter tyres, especially where you live.........not mandatory....that wee thing gangs anywhaur, min.

Aye, riight in the middle of shinty land, but would "rav'er" take the new baby up into the hills fishin, should be no probs now, yes the towbar will only be put on when i take the boat, cos it does stick out a bit.

, but good that its removeable tho.

Gus, I agree it is a shame they dont make it, like my celica t sport, they just stand out from the rest and with the 2 ltr engine should be better the suzies or mitsu's.

The trouble with all new motors is they all look the same and dont have individuality or character nowadays.

It was bought for wife as our second car and for me during snow season to keep celica from trying to cope with white stuff.

Will post new pics with rav and tsport together.

Hi Kenny nice to see you on here with your new car. Always had a weak spot for a theee door and that one is very smart. Somr nice mods on it already. I know in your pm that you said the wheels are 17''. I've got a full set of Pirelli Winters which won't fit on my new wheels. 225-65/17. Can do you a good deal if they are any good to you.

• Like 1

Looks great - I wish Toyota still made them. Enjoy - I am sure you will. Great combination with the Celica.

David

Hi Kenny nice to see you on here with your new car. Always had a weak spot for a theee door and that one is very smart. Somr nice mods on it already. I know in your pm that you said the wheels are 17''. I've got a full set of Pirelli Winters which won't fit on my new wheels. 225-65/17. Can do you a good deal if they are any good to you.

I didn't know that you could get 17" on the three door (or any 4.2). In the pics above, they look exactly the same as my 16" alloys.

Not wishing to tread on Kenny's toes, but if not suitable to him, I have sent you a PM about the tyres.

Sorry David, I meant the type number of the Khumo tyres KH17, not the rim size, yeah the rim size is either 15 or 16, so not stepping on my toes....lol

I didn't know that you could get 17" on the three door (or any 4.2). In the pics above, they look exactly the same as my 16" alloys.

Aye, Jamesy.......Granite model 235.55.17 on Funnerburd Too.

Crikey. I had a Granite a couple of years back (with the 10 or 11 spoke alloys - TRD??) but never realised they were 17's. The standard 4.2 uplifts (XT3, etc) are definirely 16's though.

Crikey. I had a Granite a couple of years back (with the 10 or 11 spoke alloys - TRD??) but never realised they were 17's. The standard 4.2 uplifts (XT3, etc) are definirely 16's though.

Excellent TTE German made alloys, Jim.....no pitting or peeling. 9 spokes.

Excellent TTE German made alloys, Jim.....no pitting or peeling. 9 spokes.

9 spokes? I'm an Accountant - 10's close enough!!

• Like 1

Are these alloys standard or aftermarket.....AND...are they strong or prone to buckling like the standard celica tsport alloys.........I have to keep avoiding the potholes in celica which is no easy thing to do.....

Maybe I should have bought a tractor to cope with the potholes.......grrrr.....lol

Welcome Kenny - you're just along the road from me.

Strangely enough we haven't had that much snow in the last 2 years !

Hi Paul, yeh not much snow at road level this year, but I drive to loch tummel from newtonmore every week which is not easy place to get to, so hoping the 'wee stonker' as Kevin named her can get me there without too much fuss.

In which case, I'm sure she'll do just fine :thumbsup:

Woo hoo its ready, so picking it up tomorrow, garage found the water pump was faulty and have fitted new one, seems to be reputable garage.....photo shoot soon then.

My 2 babies as promised.

post-128275-0-44389800-1373562476_thumb.post-128275-0-85316200-1373562691_thumb.post-128275-0-84206500-1373562802_thumb.post-128275-0-28880900-1373562846_thumb.

Nice brace of Toyotas there :)

Tempted by a 3 door VVTi currently myself :D (and by a Celica as well! Still miss my GT4 after many years)

Thx, I love my Celica, but the Rav4 is superb also......headache now dont know which one to drive, although seeing as the mrs has claimed the rav, she decides for me.......lol

Mind you she says its MY job to keep them clean.....OK, so I dont do the dishes now.....hahahaha

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links