Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help! 2005 Rav4 D4D. 2L

zircon

Hi folks.

Need some advice on a few topics, so I thought I would kill Three birds with one stone, so to speak. I am about to reluctantly sell my Rav4 Xt5 but need to get a couple of jobs sorted on it. She must be complaining, because she only started playing up when I decided to sell.

1. Can anyone suggest a oem part number for the deflection pulley on the power steering belt. This is the one that sits just behind the front o/s headlamp and below the power steering pump. The belt snapped when some debris got pulled between the crank pulley and the belt and since, the pulley has gradually got louder and louder. I think it wrecked the bearings.

2. Check engine light illuminates for few days then resets and stays off for couple, then back on. I have a scan gauge and have determined the code to be p0380 which idicates a fault on glow plug circuit. However, other forums say that it can be something else. Any suggestions please. I dont want to unnecessarily change parts.

3. Dont think this is related to the check engine, as I have over the three years since owning the Rav had the dreaded drop in to limp mode, with the TRC/VSC light on a few occasions. It has done it three times recently though, all after starting, driving through town, slow and stop start, and then accelerating up hill just after. This suggests to me that, the EGR has operated when driving through town, and stuck, so that when accelerating there is a malfunction. Again, any thoughts or suggestions would be much appreciated.

Just a little history on the Rav. It has 90k on clock. I have had it since 61k. Clutch was replaced with solid flywheel kit about 500 miles back. (Well worth doing. A little noisier at idle, no difference otherwise, but more power through to wheels, and I have noticed better fuel economy) Engine was treated with bg244 when I purchased. Regular oil changes with millers synthetic. fuel fillter replaced about 2k ago. I usually use Shell fuel, as I have generally found in the past, that the dreaded limp mode usually kicks in after a couple of supermarket fillups. I have never cleaned the EGR since owning. I am near Burnley. East Lancs.

Thanks in advance!!

Have a look at the attached pdf. I would see what happens to the VSC lights after you have rectified this. However, changing the fuel filter is never a waste of time unless it was done very recently.

No idea about the part number but Kingo will help you.

0380.pdf

Thanks for that pdf. I will get my head around it.

The most immediate and important problem to get sorted is this pulley. Mr T is quoting £150 for the complete part including the bracket and adjuster but I am convinced that the pulley must be available on its own as a replacement part.

Will have a wait and see if anyone else has had similar.

The recent posts about Forte turbo and egr cleaner seem quite interesting and the reviews on Amazon seem quite positive too, so thinking of giving it a try.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links