Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2008 Avensis: How To Deactivate Cabin Noises?

IHT

My parents recently bought an '08 Avensis, a 2.0 diesel Luna, and I'm just wondering is there a simple way to deactivate all/any of the cabin noises? I'm talking about the seatbelt warning noises fior the two front seats and the " bong " that alerts you to the fact you have opened the door. We all find them immensely annoying, and I would like to know is there a wire for a speaker that can be simply disconnected or is it a main dealer job?

Also, the "climate control" on the car is dreadful. It can only provide warm air on a warm day, even when set to the lowest setting of 16 degrees, and can only blow tepid air in cooler temperatures. Is there a likely problem or are all Avensis' of this generation like this? ( We had a 2002 Avensis before this, which also had useless A/C. )

Any help would be appreciated.

The seat belt audible warning is there due to current safety legislation and has a bearing on the Euro NCAP rating. Disabling the seat belt audible warning may have insurance consequences should the vehicle be involved in an accident.

Air conditioning needs to be used at least monthly throughout the year as a maintenance procedure. Air con can be used in the winter for faster demisting. If the previous owner hasn't used the air con regularly, there could well be an issue. Also has the air conditioning filter been checked to see whether it is blocked or needs replacing?

There's a thread about disabling the seatbelt chime. It's a sequence done with the milometer reset button along with the ignition switch. Try searching seatbelt chime, should throw it up. The key in ignition one can't be disabled easily, but someone did it by removing or soldering a bit on the dash IIRC.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links