Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2007 Avensis - Lock Car While Door Is Still Open

Target

Hi guys

I'm new to this forum, so please bare with me. :-)

I recently bought an 2007 Avensis D-4D and especially one thing annoys me.

On all my previous cars with remote central locking, I've been able to lock the car before closing all the doors, but on this Avensis I can't. This is very annoying when you would like to lock the car, put the keys in your pocket, grab some luggage from the car, and then close the door.

With this annoying security feature I have to put down the luggage, groceries or what else on the pavement to lock the car.

I'm not from the UK, but from Denmark, so I'm not quite sure if this is the behavior of your cars, but I recon it is.

I've tried searching for a solution on local Toyota forums, but haven't found any.

I know that this is a security feature, which will prevent you from locking your keys in the car, and it ensures that you don't leave the car with open doors. But after all, I would very much like to disable this feature, as it annoys me quite often.

Any comments appreciated.

Best regards,

Morten Jensen

Hello Morten - welcome to TOC.

Haven't come across this feature on any car we've had with remote central locking - 11 out of 17 cars from a variety of manufacturers (Honda, Hyundai, Mazda, Nissan and Toyota).

If a door or hatch has been left open whilst trying to lock the car, on the majority all we have had is a warning tone to signify a door is open).

Hi Mike

Thanks for the reply.

I also own an Renault Mégane where it's possible to lock the car with doors open, and on my previous Passat it worked quite brilliantly: You could lock the car with doors open with the remote, and when the last door was closed it sounded a short signal with the horn to confirm the car was proper closed and locked.

I've also had an older Lexus and a first gen Yaris, but I must admit, I can't remember how the remote central locking worked on those two. All I know is, I miss the functionality from the Passat. Sad to say, as I love Toyota and I love my Avensis in any other way. :-)

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links