Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Oxygen Sensors Going Wrong One After Another!

Avensis Avenger

Dear Comrades,

I had a Bank 1 Sensor 1 (P0031) failure a couple of months ago - I replaced the sensor with little issue. I now have a Bank 1 Sensor 2 (P0136) failure according to my ODB checker.

Please could you tell me whether

i) the failure of one sensor on a bank can lead to the failure of another or whether it is likely to be super random?

ii) And/OR whether there are other underlying causes which could lead to multiple o2 sensor failures in my car.

Note: I do not use supermarket fuel, but do a lot of short runs.

Many thanks

I had a merry go round with my s1 Avensis and it turned out to be the Cat' after i had replaced all of the O2 sensors.... - once the Cat' was replaced there were no further issues.

Are you sure it is the O2 sensors?; the reason i say this is I was advised by Toyota that there is no way of testing them and they are expensive.

A hunch of mine right now, but please investigate a bit further, is your cat could be clogged or damaged causing readings out of range. When my car was with Toyota main dealer the service manager stated that taxi drivers had this type of problem i.e. Cat' becoming clogged through lots of town driving.

See this post though codes are different (?) - http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/71079-engine-fault-light-misfiring-avensis-d-4-auto/

There is a product called Cataclean which claims to clean exhaust/ Cat' systems http://www.cataclean.com/how_it_works.html and i have seen it at my local motor factor but never used it.

Interested to hear progress as you get on.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links