Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Rear Brake Shoes - Part No's

Spinonit

I have a Mk2 Corrolla Verso (2004>) and I'm suprised/shocked that there's so little info available regarding the servicing, repair and maintenance of these cars. There's no Haynes manual, but there doesn't appear to be guide anywhere for people who wish to self-service their cars, or for those who just want to double -check they are getting the service htey are paying for from franchise dealers or from other garages.

My Verso needs an intermediate service - something that I am perfectly capable of doing, but yet it seems that I have to 'trust' a garage to carry this out for me. Franchise dealer quotes £179, but I suspect I could do this for about £50. In these times of austerity, I can well afford to save more than £100 - even if that is just the labour charges.

Why on earth is there so little information available? Has Toyota deliberately blocked any manuals?

Along with the intermediate service, my Verso needs the rear brake shoes replaced - the ones inside the rear disk/hub assembly, not the pads that brake on the disk surface. Again, there's little help available on this relatively simple task. Are there any guides on here for any of this regular maintenance-type stuff, so that i know the OEM spec etc?

I know I could go to Toyota.tech.de or whatever it is, but I do not agree with Toyota's apparent monopoly of service info. and I think i've lined their pockets enough over the years.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links