Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Air Con

It is a problem with all newer cars not just Toyota, smaller heat exchangers with fins that are closer together, just check first when the A/C is on you get a puddle under the car, if not the drain hole is blocked and you need to clear the blockage before you go any further.

Toyota are actually quite good they have coated the heat exchanger with an anti bacterial coating.

I resolved my issues by

Changing the cabin pollen filter available from Eurocarparts (about £8) if cost is an issue, or from Toyota approx. £16

Running the system on a long journey alternating for 10 mins each time between hot (Hi) and Cold (Lo) with the A/C On and Off, finishing with A/C off and heater on Hi in all cases the fan was on full changing the output vents. oh and windows wide open :)

Oh and did I mention change the cabin air filter, should be pristine white, don't bother cleaning it, just replace it.

Gus

did I mention change the cabin air filter, should be pristine white, don't bother cleaning it, just replace it.

My memory may be failing, but did someone post about a carbon impregnated pollen filter that was available, mine is due for replacement, and I might well get one of those if indeed I'm not off on a pipe dream :D

Thanks Gus, Reserved for collection later today

• 2 weeks later...

Hi everyone, just to finalise this topic even though i used two Carplan 'bombs' in the end and did the job as per everyone's instructions the car still had a bit of a nasty niff so i though check the pollen filter even though the car has only covered just over 4000 miles, so i thought 'where is it located' well anyone that doesn't know just Google it and it takes you to a YouTube video and it is very simple to locate and check being just behind the glove box. Anyway even with such low mileage it was black, i was quite amazed so of course i bought a new one from a very nice parts man in the Rayleigh Parts dep't named Steve but also in the local supermarket i found 'Dettol' do an antibacterial spray can, kills the flu bug and 99.9% of household germs so of course i sprayed it in every hole/grill i could find, the smell of it is pleasant too.....the combination of the new filter and the Dettol aerosol did the job very well and i can recommend using this spray the price i can't recall but less than a £5 i imagine and if the nasty niff returns it will be the first thing i use as i didn't really rate the Carplan product, the Comma one may be better i don't know as i didn't use it but this Dettol aerosol can certainly helped cure the problem. Regards Mike169

Assa strange wan, Mikeo.....wife's car only did 4k in last year, and only contained some dead beasties and pine needles. Keep us posted on long term result, and always make sure pollen filter has dried properly before insertification after spraying your Dettol.....the old names are still the best.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links