Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Fitting A Aftermarket Head Unit

bamba

I'm about to install my aftermarket headunit into my yaris GS, am i going to be best trying to fit the unit into the cash box space or should i spend the cash on the replacement facia? also

How does the head unit stay in place once you've put it in the gap, am i going to have to start drilling into things???

and has anyone got any pictures of how it looks when you install it without the facia adapter?

cheers

Here's mine without the fascia adaptor:

Headunit.jpg

But if u can afford i would go 4 the adaptor thing, think i will in the future wen i can afford it!

Cheers :thumbsup:

all modern headunits will should have ISO holes in the side of them and they will literally screw into place using the brackets that originally held the cash tray in.

nice one boys think i'm gonna have a go at putting it in this weekend then see what it looks like. Then decide whether i should get the fascia adapter.

Jaxx, sorry for sounding dumb but what are iso holes, are they in the the metal sleeve thing??

:help:

International Standard

meaning theoretically all headunits and mounting plates will have the same holes in the same postitions, Yaris has ISO holes and Alpine does, so they are always a good combo

hi

u could get the double din facia from toyota 60 squid ish then put the pocket back in...

never got round to trying it thou....anyone else has..? needs a bit of looking at as i dont know what the pocket looks like out of the car... also i think the celica face kit from autoleads fit the yaris from what i could tell with the above adaptor.

but like i say dont quote me on it thou...

Sweet i have an alpine headunit which hasn't been fitted so in theory it could be fitted without a yaris fascia adapter

But do you still need an Autoleads Double Din converter, and an Autoleads ISO Conversion block from yaris wiring to standard iso connection

thanks

youll need the harness adaptor and as far as im aware you need the RAV4 autoleads facia adaptor for the yaris facia bit.

You do indeed and i currently have the whole lot for sale in the "For sale Forum"

how convenient, i had a quick look but i couldnt find the link

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links