Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Help With Modifications

bamba

i've got a 1.0l yaris t reg, and i'm wanting to mod the engine a bit. I've got a power tec induction kit which sounds ok but i'm now after an exhaust that doesn't sound cheesy and is kind to my pocket. And also i was thinking of an ECU upgrade of some sort, has anyone got any ideas?

Cheers :huh:

I don't think there is a ECU upgrade available for the Yaris yet which is unfortunate cos i want 1 2! And i think the only road u can go down 4 the exhaust is either a Blitz which is alot of cash or an HKS which is also a lot of cash! :( Think i seen the Blitz Nur spec back box 4 around the £300 mark 4 a 1 litre on www.fensport.com!

Cheers :thumbsup:

All really depends how far you want to go. You can get whole new ecu system and put on a rolling road e.g. motec or unichip.

Could get a camshaft made up by piper. Yaris Cup use Kosnos.

Could see about taking scrap t sport exhaust. Back boxes don't really do much and big isn't best (as need back pressure) gives you high top end power but no low down poper where you actually need it.

Going on advanced driving so can learn to control car better and carry speed through is probably good idea as never going to be that fast unless you start going turbo and forged pistons and stripping car.

a) turbo upgrade - £2000+

B) 1.8 vvti-l corolla engine - £3000+?

c) max power mods - K&N & Powerflow - £350

There's your options mate.

Don't bother with a new ecu, what are you going to squeeze out of a 68bhp engine... 4 bhp? It's not worth the cost of doing it :blink:

If I were you, I would spend my money on suspension instead. The 1.0 will NEVER be fast without serious cash being spent.

Sort your ride out, drop it 40mm... get some uprated shocks... strut bar and you've got flat cornering.

At least then you've got a car that can carry speed into a corner, and as said previously.. advanced tuition will help your cause.

The 'proper' drivers... they just drive on another level, laws of physics don't apply to them! Frightening really :eek:

Something else to consider is a nice set of 15/16" alloys if you're bothered about performance and some very good tyres.

Good tyres transform a car :thumbsup:

Sam

yeah dont bother with ECU, get a decent box made up by Powerflow/Top Gear/Ascar and then think about making the car handle and stop better.

a good suspension and brake setup can be the equivelent of a 20bhp engine power increase.

Nice one. i'll forget the ecu then and focus my attention in the exhaust as its already dropped 40mm on 16's and does look nice but as i said before a bit boreing.

Never thought of going for an old t sport idea but it does sound like a sensible idea, does anyone know what price range i'll be looking at or even better does someone have one for sale.???

Cheers fellow Yarii owners!

:thumbsup:

Never thought of going for an old t sport idea but it does sound like a sensible idea, does anyone know what price range i'll be looking at or even better does someone have one for sale.???

Think you'll probably be looking around £8-9k :thumbsup:

Kenny!

sorry didn't write it properly, i ment an old t sport exhaust not the entire car. ;)

Sticking bigger wheels on it just mean have higher top speed and slower acceleration. Acceleration is always more important than top speed (especially with scamera).

don't expect to get noticeable improvements from a 1.0.

better to improve the handling/tyre aspects.

I had a 1.0 auto b4 and just had the 15" lightweight alloys and yokohama 539 tyres. It will regularly see off sportier cars by outcornering them.

Now, I have a Sportivo (in Australia) which is like a TS and have lowered springs/ 16" 205 tyres and K&N dropin. with a cold air ducting

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links