Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Damaged Bumper

uniquestar

I've been stupid......

Just get my car back after the new engine from Toyota, take it on holiday, and had an argument with a rock on the beach :( (while parking!)

Being a plastic bumper, is there anything I can do to make it look a bit better without replacing the whole bumper?

IMG_0656.jpg

Thanks,

If you don't feel confident in tackling it yourself, you could get an estimate from a SMART repairer (Chipsaway or similar).

Yes if the bumper is still held securely then a bodyshop will be able to repair and respray the bumper without replacing it. I had to have a new bumper as ours had been ripped out of where it is screwed in (if that makes sense). Even so it was not as expensive as I expected. Then we backed the new bumper into a small wall trying to get out of harms way in a car park and had to have it repaired again! They liked us at the body shop

David

Thanks, It's just that the bumper is a bit gouged, so would need sanding and filling, wasn't sure if this could be done.

That shouldn't be any problem. Either a bodyshop or a SMART repairer should be able to do an invisible repair quite easily.

Thanks, I'll get at estimate from chipsaway and see what they say.

Thanks, I'll get at estimate from chipsaway and see what they say.

There are plenty of other SMART repairers as well as chipsaway, so get a few quotes ;)

That repair really will be VERY easy to sort out and definately does not need the bumper removing to repair. Not sure how much you would expect to pay in your area, but Surrey tends to be pricey for everything as I am sure you know only too well :(

Agree with Hoovz on the multiple quotes.....Chips Away guys seem to have extra large dentures in order to make the most noise as they inhale whilst inspecting the damages.....and their minimum charge I find so far to be prohibitive.....

Agree with Hoovz on the multiple quotes.....Chips Away guys seem to have extra large dentures in order to make the most noise as they inhale whilst inspecting the damages.....and their minimum charge I find so far to be prohibitive.....

I would see if you could find a small body shop as well as the SMART repairers. You could ask your dealer who they use. I used a SMART repairer for maybe 6 inches of key like damage on a silver Auris. From memory it was about £150 (so I don't call that cheap but maybe I am in cloud cuckoo land!) and I wasn't happy when I went to collect so they had another go at it. By chance I came across a local body shop - they don't advertise at all and depend on word of mouth recommendations, 2 people only work there, they take cash or cheques but not cards so you only pay for your repair and not tremendous overheads. So anyone in Worcestershire who needs body work - PM me and I will give you the address. I am not related or have any interest with the business but I have been very impressed with the quality of their work.

Just had the RAV serviced today - big one 60000 miles as it is 6 years old, MOT, and air conditioning serviced. Lots of money to Toyota main dealer but we love the RAV and whilst we keep it we want it to be in A1 shape.

David

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links