Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Parking Sensor Help

Rhian27

Hi I have a T180 that I brought with the parking sensors already fitted a couple of months ago. Now stupidly I went to longleat with the kids and a monkey pulled one of the sensors out or pushed it in not sure which!!! Now I have constant beep which is driving me crazy and not helping much with tight London parking(no comments about lady drivers I park better than my husband) what do I do. Toyota has said need to replace whole unit which will be spenny. Looked on eBay but not sure i would beable to fit them? As in removal of bumpers etc etc etc! Advice please!!!

Thanks

If you wish to turn the parking sensors off until you decide what to do, there should be a switch in the boot area. The switch may be hidden behind the boot lining, but by one of the access hatches to the rear lights - if you only have one reversing light, the switch will probably be by that light cluster.

If the censor was ripped out then the wire is broken and there will be bare wires or plugs. But if the censor was pushed in then it is in the space behind bumper and needs to be reseated.

That is going by your description.

I went to Longleat a couple of years ago and the rear window rubber was pulled up and the rubber trim on the roof. Did not loose anything but had to bond the roof trim back. The rear window rubber was easy to put back.

Next time I will avoid the monkeys which was the option. They do warn you.

Konrad

This thread reminds of some years ago when a friend and i took our then 4yos to west mids safari park,my mate his Cavalier mk1 Vinyl roof ripped completely off by a troupe of very mischievous monkeys ,oh how we laughed ...erm about 5 years later on.

• Like 1

Ha ha ha!!! It wasn't just the sensor that was damaged freaking car broke down half way round just short of lion enclosure! Couldn't believe it only had car two months!!!! Well the sensor is inside all wires Eric lookalike it jut pushed in but the cover thing is still in longleat with the monkeys other stash of car goods! Fully knew risk going in but kids wouldn't let me not!! Last thing I expected was sensor loss!!!!

If the kit is a Toyota accessory kit then spare parts such as individual sensors, wiring harness etc are available.

It is toyota fitted, where would I find all these spare parts? Sorry for typos writing on my phone.

Pm your chassis number and I will check in work tomorrow

My husband has the car until say so will send it then, if u don't mind?

No problem

Since the censor was pushed in then the next question is, has somebody with a bit of know how and resource examined it to see if it can be reseated back in position? Maybe you have been a bit busy.

I repaired the damage to my car the very next day. For you, that bleeping must drive you crazy when you engage reverse. At least the sensor is working.

Thinking about those sensors being on the bumper - a vulnerable place, surely these are replaceable/repairable. Other cars may bump into cars with the sensors causing them to be pushed in or damaged.

You need to find somebody competent to just put the sensor back in place. No expensive replacement unless the mounting is damaged.

If you can find the "brain" then temporarily unplug the faulty/missing sensor and it'll probably go quiet again.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links