Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Connecting An Iphone 5 To Nav System

chrisg46

First time poster so please bear with - a google search has not answered my query exactly yet...

I am the proud new owner of an avensis estate, 10 plate reg (uk). I also have an iPhone that want to use to make calls on the hands free and listen to music on that phone.

However, I can connect the phone via bluetooth for calls without a problem, but it won't see a bluetooth connection for music. When I connect the phone using the supplied USB lead, there is no response either, not even charging :s

A scan of the manual suggests that a special connector is needed for iPhone - really??? Despite a USB slot being there for the lead to connect into, do I really need to get a new bit to make a connection??

Hi,

The special connector lead is the white one that comes with your iPhone for charging/PC Sync' etc, the one you're already using basically.

I have a Touch and Go type nav unit and it works with my iPhone 4S, with latest software, but is a bit temperamental with the music player also. I have found powering off my phone works when I have problems, occasionally turning off the ignition works but this can also initiate the problem.

Very annoying issue as I listen to a lot of podcasts when driving, hard to know whether it the phone or touch and go software that's causing the issue.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links