Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Windscreen Replaced For My New Verso 2013! Bad Luck......

yasirmhm

Two months only after owning my new verso, I had its windscreen replaced by Autoglass today.

I was driving on the motorway on Tuesday behind a lorry and suddenly heard a (bang), I safely pulled over to find a big chip and crack at the lower left border of my windscreen. I was devastated. I had it replaced today at Autoglass. The new windscreen is (Pilkington) and not the (Toyota) label which is found on the other windows. Truly sad thing to happen to a two months old car.

I checked with my insurance that this will not affect my 3 year NCD, but it will increase my premium next year. I had also to pay £75 access. The whole job cost was £250.

You may laugh at this, but where I come from they believe that such unfortunate incidents to new things happen because of an evil eye. We call it (hasad= malicious envy) which is a psychological state in which a person wishes for the deprivation of a blessing, talent, or merit possessed by another person.

Now I don't necessarily believe in this, but one day before the incident I gave a lift to a work colleague who never owned a car (he is aged 38).He was so impressed with the car and wished he could have one. It must be a coincident but I am not going to offer any further lifts for him or others, just in case! :)

Have a nice weekend.

post-95462-0-24552300-1379192349_thumb.j

post-95462-0-86120400-1379192369_thumb.j

post-95462-0-13492500-1379192393_thumb.j

It is really annoying when this sort of thing happens. At least they used a Pilkington windscreen (a subsidiary of the Japanese NSG Group), rather than a Chinese make (which Autoglass commonly use).

Hi there

I am normally on the Corolla forums, but often pop over to the Verso forums as I am looking to buy one...as soon as I find the right one that is...just thought id clear this in case you were wondering.

I am so sorry to hear of your windscreen replacement, as FrostyBalls mentioned...Pilkington is of very good quality if not better than the Toyota brand ( I am not quite sure who manufactures Toyotas glass actually), however I can understand that having the Pilkington logo is a little annoying to you considering that the car is new. I have a Pilkington windscreen, along with every glass window on my house lol!

When I first purchased my Corolla, although used, and for what I thought was a lot of money to me at the time, she was in as newer condition as a car may be, very well looked after, I treasured her as best I could, but I soon learnt that one can never protect a car, its exposed to every element possible, I've had her vandalised twice and even crashed into, after various paint jobs etc, she will never be the same, yet I still look after her best I can, but I have learnt not to treasure her though.

What I am trying to say is that be understanding that it is only a windscreen, it could have been a lot worse, accept what ever bad happens, fix it, and move on, and look to better things in life.

Good luck and god bless.

Sammy :flowers:

Many thanks Sammy and Mike for your comments. It's really helpful to get this support here. I hope my coming posts will have some good news.

All the best.

Looks painful. Strangely I picked up two stone chips on my 13 Reg Verso within 1 month of buying it. Damned annoying. I had them both repaired by auto glass. Although they've got no worse you can still see the chips. I guess I'll replace the windscreen at some point in the future.

Thanks Sean for sharing. As Sammy said, no matter how hard we tried, we can never protect our cars from damage, but we can always enjoy the ownership of our nice vehicles. Best wishes.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links