Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Result!

Demonic Angel

As some of you know, in January, just after New Year, I was in a bad accident in my old car.

For those who dont, here is a quick reminder! I was travelling on the Coventry Ring Road in the left hand lane with a lorry overtaking me in the right hand lane. He started indicating and moving into my lane with me right next to him! I saw him coming over and braked and tried to get out of his way and he forced me off the carriageway, I hit a concrete barrier and my car flipped over onto the passenger side door.

Since then I have been too-ing and fro-ing from my insurance company to my solicitors and back again as the lorry drivers insurance company refused to comment on who was at fault saying they were "making enquiries". I had at least 3 witnesses who saw everything and stopped to help.

A few weeks ago I got a letter from the police saying that the driver has been cautioned and had been made to go on a Driver Improvement Course and warned that if he was caught doing anything like this in the future he would have to go to court. So they obviously saw him at fault and have now closed their case.

Today, I finally got the call I wanted from Tesco Insurance!! His insurance company have finally admitted liability! My no claims has been reimbursed and my excess for almost £400 will be refunded!

Bloody excellent result! :D :D :D :D

Now, I have 1 years no claims under my belt - ok not much but enough and am now older and wiser! :D

Just pleased its over and I can carry on and get a HUGE reduction on my insurance! Just did a quote online with my insurers and its down by nearly £200!! I'm well chuffed! :P :D

Justice sometimes does, it seem, prevail!! :D

nice to see that the right people do sometimes come out of these situations on the right side, well done you for the perseiverance (crap spelling) :thumbsup:

wtf?? if i were you i'd want compo! sounds like a frightening thing to happen to you :crutchy:

Glad you came out of it ok :thumbsup:

Really happy to hear it worked out for ya!..

I was at Cov Uni for a year... and i hate that ring road!.. one of the most stupid roads in the UK IMO... very dangerous when people aint paying attentions.. with all those slip roads on and off at each junction!...

Nice result but when you renew your insurance they ask if you have had crash in the last 4 years, you say yes but a no fault, they ask total cost of crash, end result, still penalised for something that wasn't your fault :angry:

wtf?? if i were you i'd want compo! sounds like a frightening thing to happen to you  :crutchy:

Glad you came out of it ok  :thumbsup:

My solicitors are on that as we speak! :D

Suffered whiplash, went to the hospital to get checked out but was released same day. Am still suffering from shoulder, back and leg problems though! :(

Was very scary though, strange to explain, kinda like being in a movie car-crash (its the best way to describe it as you dont believe its happening!)

The next thing I remember is panicking that my car would set on fire and struggling to get the door open - it took 3 big blokes to get the door open and one of them lifted me out! For a little Daewoo Matiz, thats a heavy door!! :rolleyes:

My solicitors are on that as we speak! :D

Suffered whiplash, went to the hospital to get checked out but was released same day. Am still suffering from shoulder, back and leg problems though! :(

I Hope they get a good sum for you! make the tw@'s pay for the distress thats gotta have caused!!

:thumbsup:

My solicitors are on that as we speak!  :D

Suffered whiplash, went to the hospital to get checked out but was released same day. Am still suffering from shoulder, back and leg problems though!  :(

I Hope they get a good sum for you! make the tw@'s pay for the distress thats gotta have caused!!

:thumbsup:

Thanks, for now though I'm happy to have my excess refunded and ncb back! :D

Hi Demonic Angel

:thumbsup: Great stuff glad to hear that you are getting your money back. So now with the extra cash what are you going to spend it on??

jerry!!

wtf?? if i were you i'd want compo! sounds like a frightening thing to happen to you :crutchy:

Glad you came out of it ok :thumbsup:

Jez mate, comments like this annoy me.

Now don't get me wrong, if someone is really put out and inconvenienced then fine, comensation is something to persue. But accidents can and do happen and I also feel Angel is right to seek compensation in her situation. I hope the compensation will be sorted out privately and doesn't go through the insurance company. Where I do get annoyed by your comments, Jez, is stating that she should claim, without knowing the severity of her injuries or any discomfort caused. People who just claim compensation for the sake of it are worse than the "offender" in my books, especially if it goes through insurance. I am sure you don't want your insurance premiums to go up any more than me or the next person due to unnecessary claims that go through the insurance companies.

Just my view point on compensation.

Angel, I am sorry to hear about your accident and am glad you weren't more severely injured. I am also glad all your insurance has been sorted :thumbsup:

Nice result but when you renew your insurance they ask if you have had crash in the last 4 years, you say yes but a no fault, they ask total cost of crash, end result, still penalised for something that wasn't your fault :angry:

tesco added a grand onto insurance for this!!!!

glad to hear its all sorted angel. its sweet when u get news of something like that.

and so's extra money. kinda like finidng money in ur pocket, or down the back of the sofa. :)

-Z

glad to see ya all sorted angel

Jez mate, comments like this annoy me.

Now don't get me wrong, if someone is really put out and inconvenienced then fine, comensation is something to persue. But accidents can and do happen and I also feel Angel is right to seek compensation in her situation. I hope the compensation will be sorted out privately and doesn't go through the insurance company. Where I do get annoyed by your comments, Jez, is stating that she should claim, without knowing the severity of her injuries or any discomfort caused. People who just claim compensation for the sake of it are worse than the "offender" in my books, especially if it goes through insurance. I am sure you don't want your insurance premiums to go up any more than me or the next person due to unnecessary claims that go through the insurance companies.

Just my view point on compensation.

Angel, I am sorry to hear about your accident and am glad you weren't more severely injured. I am also glad all your insurance has been sorted :thumbsup:

If her car ended up on it's side then it is highly unlikely that she will escape without any injury at all, so, to me it's safe to assume some injury would have accured on top of the fact that it's gotta have scared the crap out of her (it would have me) so she should get something. I'm not saying that compo should be given in every case or that genuine accidents don't happen but, in this case it sounds like negligance on the lorry drivers side. He should be aware that he is in a long vehicle and them things have blind spot mirrors so there should be no excuse for him pulling over on her like that!

Anyway, the most important thing is shes well and everything has been sorted out for her :yes:

Thanks guys

Jez - I was actually really surprised I wasnt more seriously injured than I was, slate Daewoos all you like but that little car took the brunt!! :thumbsup:

The police actually told me that I did the right thing in getting out of the way, having a huge vehicle like that hitting a tiny car would have been lethal, I dread to think what would have happened in that instance :eek:

The money is actually going into my savings (sad I know! :D ) but may use a little of whatever I get (not expecting very much!) to treat myself! :D

Worst part for me was having to sell my Matiz, which I loved, as I couldnt bear to drive it again (after it was fixed of course, twas almost a write-off!!) but it turned out ok as I then bought my Yaris and the rest, as they say, is history! :D

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links