Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Silver Inserts For Rav 4 Interior Door Handles?

Kezbose

Hi guys. This is my first post as I have just adopted a Rav 4 2.0 D4D 55 Plate. I have spent a few hours cleaning and now it's time to replace a few parts.

Can anyone suggest where I can source the following parts:

Silver 'Tick' style inserts for interior door handles x4

4 Metal loops (D ring) in boot to anchor a load

Bolts for above loops

Ideally a supplier who is not charging quite as much as Toyota direct as they are usually a bit expensive.

I'm assuming that having done similar with VW parts in the past!

Hope I can get a few suggestions.

What's going on?

My post shows no views and no replies after over 24 hours now.

Surely someone has bothered to read it and has a suggestion.

Have I done something wrong?

Surely the Rav 4 forum are a helpful bunch!

All I can guess is that I have done something wrong or need to pay for membership etc!

any help please guys?

Well I've read ya post and the only suggestion I can make is check eBay,and being a newcomer myself I cant see you've done owt wrong,sorry I cant be of more help to a fellow yorkshire man

Les

Panic not Kerry, the post read number only goes up when a reply has been added as you will now see as Les

Has replied.

And welcome to TOC.

Thanks guys. Thought I was going mad! And yes, I see that the views count is looking ok now. Had a price of £18.38 per handle up to now, so not sure if I can get it down a little from that.

Hi Kerry,

The metal loops shouldn't be too expensive from Toyota but you could try someone who is breaking a RAV on eBay. Often they seem to want the same as new so get a quote from Toyota first to compare.

I don't think anyone other than Toyota would sell the silver handle inserts. Never seen them. Would be nice if they had done chrome inserts. The best option with them would be to either prep/paint&clear coat or just vinyl wrap them with a silver carbon fibre effect vinyl?

Cheers, Lee

• Like 1

I personally am astounded they are only 18gbp each, Kerry......is that a scrapper price......? You should see what I was quoted for a wee tiddly side repeater indicator assembly.....!

I removed my door handle inserts as they were scratched, rubbed down, painted, laquered and refitted no probs.

phil.

• Like 1

Thanks everyone. May actually give it a go with the spray and lacquer. Already have some undercoat and leaguer, so I think it will only need a silver paint match. Probably a lot less pricey than the set of inserts too.

By the way has anyone seen a genuine passenger mat for a series 2 anywhere. Not sure why mine has gone, but I could do with matching to the official 'Rav' official set that I have. At £60 for a full set it seems a bit of a waste if I don't use the existing mats.

Fingers crossed someone has worn out a driver side and has a passenger side kicking around the shed! (I know I'm hoping)

I personally am astounded they are only 18gbp each, Kerry......is that a scrapper price......? You should see what I was quoted for a wee tiddly side repeater indicator assembly.....!

***Note to oneself.........stick another fiver on BK's next bill***

Incoming...........................

Even worse.......she called ma a sphinctus when she noticed her cracking wee light, and telt me to FTF........Fix The Fing.

Even worse.......she called ma a sphinctus when she noticed her cracking wee light, and telt me to FTF........Fix The Fing.

You think you have trouble with err indoor's ???? Wait till mine finds out that Kingo has my card details AGAIN :death:

I worry about your fetish for rubber Dave.M :naughty:

Sh-t, now the cat is well and truly out of bag (a rubber one of course).

• Like 1

Order the set with the peepholes, Dave.......and some underwear for yer DMF........split clutch pants.

Oh dear.....not Rav specific, off topic.......on the move.

Witheld....

• Like 1

Order the set with the peepholes, Dave.......and some underwear for yer DMF........split clutch pants.

Witheld....

Peepholes, rubber, split pants ? I had a strict Methodist upbringing I have you know..............Sinners ! !

Witheld....

Peepholes, rubber, split pants ? I had a strict Methodist upbringing I have you know..............Sinners ! !

Just like the bloke who wrote that book, Paul..........Cammy Sutra? He was a Methodist too.....lotsa Methods......signing off.....

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links