Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

That'll Teach Me.......

gordypix

Well, went to a gig B) in Soho on Wednesday night, so drove around for ages looking for a parking space (as you do). Eventually a car pulled out of a space on Long Acre, covent Garden so I pulled in and went off to the gig.

Got back 3 hours later and there it was............ :eek:

That ever so common car fashion accessory attached to my front wheel.........

Yup, had been clamped :arrgg-matey: for the first time ever.

So I realised what I had done. Where I had thought i was in a metered area after hours, I was in fact just out of it into the residents parking bay.

What a f :censor: :censor: k up there then on my behalf.

Now I don't mind a £50 ticket - that is fair enough for parking where I shouldn't have but do they really need to charge another £65 on top of that for the clamp to be released. Talk about making money and on top of that they themselves are stopping me from moving away from the space that I have parked wrongly in.

Ce la Vie.................... :P :D :lol: It was a great gig by the way..... :thumbsup:

this is why you should always carry a circular saw in your boot gordy, very handy for shedding those unsightly metal wheel clamps! :hokus-pokus:

sam

what happened to 'super clamp man' or whatever his name was

(the bloke with the still saw and three wheeler that used to go round and hack the clamps off?? maybe got sectioned?)

I know exactly how you feel dude. Bummer.

Clamping is worse than towing away in reality because most companies wont unclamp you the same day where at least if they towed it away you could have gone and got it.

I'd like to find the dirty little :censor: that ticketed my :censor: car and kick his :censor: over and over until he cant :censor: sit down! :lol:

Clamping is worse than towing away in reality because most companies wont unclamp you the same day where at least if they towed it away you could have gone and got it.

worst is when u come round the corner in the next street from urs and c a towtruck with a very familiar looking car on top...

stupid council.

DVLA are !Removed! tho.

they charge u for the period of time when u haven't even driven the car.

when i bought mine the road tax was up in a couple of days so i went to renew it, only to find out i needed the v5 docs, so isent off for em.

they took 5 weeks to come in which time my car was parked in a side street.

got towed away for not having any road tax.

i thawt id paid everything then i got a nother letter from the dvla saying i owed em £55 or so in road tax, for the 5 week period!!!

so they charged me for when i couldnt even drive that car!

-Z

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links