Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Tns510 Fitting In Auris - Microphone Missing

MutedFFS

Hi readers;

I'm sorry that like so many people these days, I have joined this Forum to ask a question. I will give you a bit of background and see if anyone knows of an easy solution.

About a month ago, a friend of mine was scrapping his Auris after a horrible accident, but since he had a better Stereo/Nav/Bluetooth system than the standard CD player which I had in my Auris, we decided to remove it from his car & fit it to mine at a later date.

Suffice to say, his car was taken away by the insurance company minus it's lovely TNS510 stereo unit.

We came to fit it into my car this morning, only to find that we are a few bits missing.

1. The Antenna adapter

2. The bluetooth microphone

I spoke to my Toyota dealer, who are ordering me the antenna adapter,(apparently quite a common request) which should be with me by Tuesday, however, they couldn't find the bluetooth microphone listed on their system, because my vehicle (& apparently the vehicle the stereo came from) show as having no such thing.

They did however say that if I got stuck, I could order a complete TNS510 system with a microphone, which frankly is a bit out of my price range for one "simple" missing part.

So my request is: Does anyone know the part number, or understand the wiring, so that I can get my auto electrician to "create" me a microphone with the suitable connections, without having to pay out over £1100 for an entire new stereo.

I throw myself upon your collective mercy!

Dan!

Someone else may know more but my suspicion is that the microphone is part of a bigger part and this is what the dealer might need to look for. As the microphone is normally in the unit by the mirror that contains the map reading lights it might be this you need to get. Doesn't sound cheap but should be less than an entire new stereo.

Like you say, an alternative microphone should work and it be possible to make one up.

Let us know how you go on, someone else may need the same !

Best of luck.

Peter

In the previous one it was on top of the steering column, I have the fitting guide for the stereo which says to put it there. Of course my car was not built to house this stereo, so I doubt it will be built into the car already! Thanks for your help anyways :)

• 2 months later...

Hi! Did you find out the part number for the bluetooth microphone?

Cheers!!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links