Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

2002 Model Rav 4

ronnieb

Have just bought 2002 model rav 4 which looks quite smart apart from the old steel wheels .I am looking for a used set but am finding it difficult .Can anyone suggest any other make or model which would fit .many thanks

Ron

Have just bought 2002 model rav 4 which looks quite smart apart from the old steel wheels .I am looking for a used set but am finding it difficult .Can anyone suggest any other make or model which would fit .many thanks

Ron

Welcome to the club, Ronnie. Bit confusing there, however. Your post says "2002 Model..." but your details say "1996 RAV4". It would help if you clarify please.

As far as I know, the 2002 RAVs (4.2 model) all had alloy wheels. If yours is a 4.2 & its on steels then they aren't OEM fitments.

Re fitments generally I'm sure that some of the resident experts will be along to advise once you've clarified what year your RAV is.

Quite a few 4.2s ran on Steelies in fact. The basic model on both pre and post facelift often had the steel wheels.

The good news is that the wheel figments for the 4.2 and the 4.3 are identical so that will expand the options (think the 4.1 RAV was the same as well, but Japanese wheels that old will probably be shot so best avoided)

The steel wheels usually get very rusty and ugly looking by this time but can be smartened up quite nicely TBH,

Here is a steel wheel from a RAV4.2 pre-facelift (52 plate IIRC) before and after some 'fettling' and back on the car

post-29315-0-12178100-1381508976_thumb.j

post-29315-0-67275500-1381509145_thumb.j

post-29315-0-01302700-1381509241_thumb.j

Quite a few 4.2s ran on Steelies in fact. The basic model on both pre and post facelift often had the steel wheels.

The good news is that the wheel figments for the 4.2 and the 4.3 are identical so that will expand the options (think the 4.1 RAV was the same as well, but Japanese wheels that old will probably be shot so best avoided)

The steel wheels usually get very rusty and ugly looking by this time but can be smartened up quite nicely TBH,

Here is a steel wheel from a RAV4.2 pre-facelift (52 plate IIRC) before and after some 'fettling' and back on the car

Well, you learn something every day, David.

I did say that an expert would be along soon............ :thumbsup:

Welcome to the forum Ron. It must be an NV as this came with steel wheels as standard unlike the other 2002 models. You may wish to add it to your profile.

As pmb above, Ron, welcome aboard........tunza wheels on eBay, including the pishy metal wans at 40gbp, mate.

Ron - I might be able to get some fairly new alloys fitted with worn bridgetstones for you from a local source. I'd need to arrange it one night wi some of the gang in a certain area of Glasgow.

Big Kev won't mind as he's disillusioned with the tyres anyway!

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links