Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Bluespark Chip For Sr180

Beags

a resistor is a resistor all made in the same place, cant prove that it has cheaper components to the other, just because it doesn't have 3 letters accompanying it, doesn't make it a lesser product....could be the same could be better in the component race, all i see is price + my smile while driving = happy customer and i still have £ left to spend!

ill make my best effort to dyno it asap, but then the argument will be 'oh but you don't know what its doing to your engine' you cant win and never will, it will always be argued!

Prospective purchasers will possibly not be concerned re supposed cheaper components.

They will no doubt be questioning as to whether an extra potential 6 BHP and 10Nm of torque is worth £175?

Plus a higher insurance premium (probably unlikely though) because of the extra power and torque comparing one to the other.

:D

a resistor is a resistor all made in the same place, cant prove that it has cheaper components to the other, just because it doesn't have 3 letters accompanying it, doesn't make it a lesser product....could be the same could be better in the component race, all i see is price + my smile while driving = happy customer and i still have £ left to spend!

ill make my best effort to dyno it asap, but then the argument will be 'oh but you don't know what its doing to your engine' you cant win and never will, it will always be argued!

Prospective purchasers will possibly not be concerned re supposed cheaper components.

They will no doubt be questioning as to whether an extra potential 6 BHP and 10Nm of torque is worth £175?

Plus a higher insurance premium (probably unlikely though) because of the extra power and torque comparing one to the other.

:D

A resistor is a resistor, yes its probably made in China, but what is that resistor sitting on, what type of PCB, is the tracking made from ?, what kind of capacitors are inside the unit, how are they soldered,what kind of singnal processing brain is in the box.

I could go on, this dictates the product quality.

Its a bit like buying a Supra NA and then trying to compare it with a Supra TT. A TT will always be quicker.

At

this point I am not saying the Bluesparks product is Inferior, or the

TTE is better but what I am trying to get across to you guys is, just

dont look at the price, look at the package, the quality. My personal

experiance has been that pay a slight premium and get the better - tested product.

Lets put the other issues aside and look at the "fuel/boost map".

A

good tuning box will always be turned individually for that type of

engine. It will be made to tighter parameters, eg injecting less fuel

and is able to make more power or equal ammounts of power than another

product.

I am going to go alittle more into detail and the only reason I am doing this is to try and help you understand how important it all is.

What is AFR?

AFR is = Air Fuel Ratio http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air%E2%80%93fuel_ratio

What is EGT?

EGT is Exhaust Gas Tempratures http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Air%E2%80%93fuel_ratio

What is a MAF?

MAF is a Mass Air Flow Sensor, it detects how much air is incomming, what temprature it is etc.

Where are the above to so important?

When

you start your car, it goes through afew motions, primes your glow

plugs readies your relays, once started the ecu starts to read data from

the o2 sensor and various other sensors, . The ecu is continusly

reading data from the o2 sensor and processing this information and

looking at what tuners called a "MAP". THis is a generic base line MAP

that is installed by toyota when the car leaves the factory.

As

you drive about the ecu looks at this MAP and decides how much fuel is

required at what revs, it knows this by getting the readings from the

MAF and the o2 and knows what the fuel mixture is, and how much air is

coming in through the turbo or throttle body.

Now all manufactures have fail saves built into the MAP, its called closed loop, this only happens on WOT or wide open throttle. This is when the ecu ignores all the data from the MAF and MAP sensors and decides to throw fuel into the car. (just wanted to tell you that)

Putting

a tuning box changes this, it gets rid of some of the fail safes, the

basic MAP which is installed does not cater for the variables from the

tuning box and no matter what people tell you to try and get you to buy a

product, no tuning box is better than a full remap with a piggy back

ecu.

Carry on reading...

You need to understand how important AFR is. The ideal AFR needs to be around 14.1 to 14.7 this is know as stoich or the optimal mixture. This is a 1:1 mix of Air and Fuel.

Most

maufactures tune the cars to run on the safer side they run NAs around

13:1 and turboed cars around 12:1. They make them run alittle richer to

stop the EGTs from climbing stop the car from detonation and prolong

engine life.

Remb

If the AFR is to lean your engines cylinders EGT will increase and it will explode / detonate.

Increased EGT will have an effect on your engine, HPF, CAT and tempratures in the engine bay.

If it is two rich it will over fuel and throw black smoke out and you will loose power. It will be bogged down.

I am going to stop here, i could babble on for days, but no ideal mixture is suitable for each car, each car is alittle different.

Different tuners think differently but all ends up in the same bucket of poo.

Becareful about cheap boxes which may tick your boxes but might bring lots of additonal unforseen costs later on

Think longevity, dont think 50£ think 2 years where will I be ;)

• Like 2

Disappointing thread by grown men. Just makes me realise if i want a car that has 20% more power then buy a car with a bigger engine and have no issues with the manufacturers warranty.

Bluespark boxes are claimed (Unsubstantiated) to be lesser quality, but i feel Lindop ones are overpriced and not buying either therefore i have no insurance/warranty/liability issues.

Regards Mike169

Disappointing thread by grown men. Just makes me realise if i want a car that has 20% more power then buy a car with a bigger engine and have no issues with the manufacturers warranty.

Bluespark boxes are claimed (Unsubstantiated) to be lesser quality, but i feel Lindop ones are overpriced and not buying either therefore i have no insurance/warranty/liability issues.

Regards Mike169

Thats why I have a Avensis, a Corolla, a Starlet and a Twin Turbo :D

I think that this subject has now been exhausted and as I have no wish to see it developing into a "who has the biggest contest" I am now locking the topic....

• Like 1

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links