Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Trying To Buy 1St Avensis, Opinion Sought - 1.8 V-Matic Tourer

ooglewoogle

Hi there....

I am trying to buy an Avensis Tourer, preferrably the 1.8 v-matic, but also will consider 2.0 and 2.2 D4D's. Max budget is 9k, but looking to spend less if poss.

Was initally quite interested in this: http://tinyurl.com/labldg8 (autotrader link). A 1.8 v-matic T4 Tourer, 45k on the clock....asking £8995, which I'd want to knock a good bit off.

It has had 3 services all at Toyota....but by my reckoning these have been stretched thin. 1) 10437 2) 26666 3) 40335. I wonder if anyone could advise whether this is a serious problem? I have read that rec'd service intervals is 10,000 miles on this engine?

Otherwise the car appears to be in pretty much flawless conditions. I haven't seen or driven it yet....I am trying to track down a car from way up here in the Scottish isles - so a bit of a struggle! :)

Any help or advice would be most gratefully received.

Slainte!

Link isn't working.

However servicing should be 12 months or 10,000 miles whichever comes first. The manufacturers warranty would have been void with the second service being 6000 miles overdue.

The servicing wouldn't overly bother me - the car is out if warranty now! Very little cars are serviced on the button - Toyota more than likely would use top grade oil. Use it as a haggling point. Nice car!

I have had my Avensis 1.8 Tourer since June 2012. Bought a 2011 with 7.5 K on the clock for 12,500. Now done 22K. IT has been to France 3 times. Going to Scotland next week. Its a excellent family car with a large boot. I average 35-40 MPG but i have a short 6 mile commute to work. On the motoroway to France i can manage 45-50 if driven sensibly. I will say the 1.8 has to be worked sometimes hard in lower gears but this is part of the VMATIC engine which livens up around 3.5 K revs. 6th gear is good for crusing on French Motorways. I find the ride very good. Although i did not like the electric parking break i have got used to it now and it has not let me down at all on hills etc.

Good luck finding a good one

Hi there....

I am trying to buy an Avensis Tourer, preferrably the 1.8 v-matic, but also will consider 2.0 and 2.2 D4D's. Max budget is 9k, but looking to spend less if poss.

Was initally quite interested in this:

<a data-ipb="nomediapubik" data-cke-saved-href="http://tinyurl.com/labldg8%20(autotrader%20link).%20A%201.8%20v-matic%20T4%20Tourer,%2045k%20on%20the%20clock....asking%20%C2%A38995,%20which%20I" href="http://tinyurl.com/labldg8%20(autotrader%20link).%20A%201.8%20v-matic%20T4%20Tourer,%2045k%20on%20the%20clock....asking%20%C2%A38995,%20which%20I" d%20want%20to%20knock%20a%20good%20bit%20off."="">Hi Slainte, One of the very best places to buy an Avensis is British Car Auctions, (BCA), I bought mine there 4yr ago (ex lex autolease), and it has been a cracker.

The nearest one's to you will be Edinburgh and Glasgow, they have a brilliant web site, free, and you can search from your home.

Iv'e just checked, and there are no 1.8 v/matic's at the moment up there, good luck, the avensis is a wonderfull car.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links