Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Lindop Diesel Tuning Chip

152bobby

Ok, I have read all if not all the feedback on these performance chips. I have also looked at various alternatives, but if I am going to do this, I'd rather buy something that is recommended by trusted people (that's you lot !!).

I know I may not gain any MPG (but that would be nice), but the car performs better and I know my insurance company may charge me more !!

I have one question left (forgive me if I have missed this on the forum).

When I take my car to my local Toyota Dealer for a service (or whatever), are they going to blame anything and everything on this addition to my car ?

I am 99% convinced I am going to buy this product, so push me for the other 1% and tell me how and where to buy it easily.....and quickly.

I also assume that it is VERY easy to fit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Bobby (Boab)

• Like 1

Well Bobby, as it's very easy to fit it is also easy to remove prior to service........................

Go for it Boab ! Send Kingo (Parts King) a P.M or contact him direct at Lindop Bros Toyota. IMHO I would remove it before any visits to Mr T. I've not heard or read of any negative feedback on the Lindop chip.

http://www.lindoptoyota.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=67

Ok, I have read all if not all the feedback on these performance chips. I have also looked at various alternatives, but if I am going to do this, I'd rather buy something that is recommended by trusted people (that's you lot !!).

I know I may not gain any MPG (but that would be nice), but the car performs better and I know my insurance company may charge me more !!

I have one question left (forgive me if I have missed this on the forum).

When I take my car to my local Toyota Dealer for a service (or whatever), are they going to blame anything and everything on this addition to my car ?

I am 99% convinced I am going to buy this product, so push me for the other 1% and tell me how and where to buy it easily.....and quickly.

I also assume that it is VERY easy to fit !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers

Bobby (Boab)

Boab min.......go check yer wee PM inbox.......phone me ramorra and I will fill ye in on the Lindop Chip Kit.

• Like 1

I can fully recommend it,and it has improved my mpg by around 10%

Very quick to fit on a T180..but slightly harder on a 150 I believe.

You are right to think Toyota could use it as a get out should you have any engine issues,but it can easily remove it should it come to that.

Kingo and Kev are clued up on all things chippy..especially if they come with pies ;~)

• Like 2

Just phoned Lindop a minute ago to order a Diesel Tuning Kit, someone answered, did not really know what I was talking about and did not know if he had any in stock and then I got cut off !!!

Not a good first experience !!!

He did mention that the guy who normally deals with this item was off (I guess that would be John) ?

I feel more comfortable waiting until John returns to work and ensure I get the correct part for my car.

Monday morning blues I guess !!!

You should get in touch with forum member Parts King,who actually works for Lindop Brothers.

Sure he will help you out.

Just phoned Lindop a minute ago to order a Diesel Tuning Kit, someone answered, did not really know what I was talking about and did not know if he had any in stock and then I got cut off !!!

Not a good first experience !!!

He did mention that the guy who normally deals with this item was off (I guess that would be John) ?

I feel more comfortable waiting until John returns to work and ensure I get the correct part for my car.

Monday morning blues I guess !!!

PM Sent, Boab min.

We've had a Lindop's chip kit on our T180 since the car had done 36k. We had a new engine when the car had covered 40k and I left the chip kit on whilst the work wad completed with no issues from Mr T. The car has been religiously serviced by Lindop's every 10k (5 times since we have owned it including one completed when the engine was changed) and I have never taken the chip kit off and Mr T has never questioned it.

I would never expect Lindop Toyota to ever say anything about the chip, especially since they are the ones selling them !! When I get mine, I'll play safe and whip it off prior to taking it anywhere near my local Mr T.

Cheers

• Like 1

I would never expect Lindop Toyota to ever say anything about the chip, especially since they are the ones selling them !! When I get mine, I'll play safe and whip it off prior to taking it anywhere near my local Mr T.

Cheers

No need to skin yer knuckles, Oor Boab........mine was in last week for its first 10k service (one year old and 7.3k), and I said to service chap that the chip kit was on it, and not to do any ECU updates without them or me removing it. He made a note, but remarked it should make no dirrifence.

Good to hear that, I may leave it on just once when it goes in for it's next service. If they mention it once, I'll always take it off. My local Mr T are just really funny if anything is not a genuine Toyota part that costs a fraction of what they would charge :disgust: It just seems to be like a bull to a red rag, they just look for an alternative reason when there is a fault or something wrong (been there before with both Lexus and Toyota, who are all the same mechanics anyway !!),, sorry, did I say mechanics, meant to say Technicians :oops:

Good to hear that, I may leave it on just once when it goes in for it's next service. If they mention it once, I'll always take it off. My local Mr T are just really funny if anything is not a genuine Toyota part that costs a fraction of what they would charge :disgust: It just seems to be like a bull to a red rag, they just look for an alternative reason when there is a fault or something wrong (been there before with both Lexus and Toyota, who are all the same mechanics anyway !!),, sorry, did I say mechanics, meant to say Technicians :oops:

Funnily enough, the only Toyota outfit that I had trouble with was a Toyota & Lexus servicing agent (not a main dealer) and they were complete shoites.

Over the years I've used 8 TGB dealers AFAIR all over the UK (& one in France) and I have to say that they have all been excellent, certainly better than those of the other manurfacturers that I've had experience of.

So what about insurance then?

I imagine it won't be so easy to remove quickly when you are lay in the back of an ambulance and the bonnet is wrapped around your neck. Won't they say "well you modified the engine power" as you hand them bits of hawthorn bush and broken glass out of your gums?

I once asked Toyota Insurance and they never got back to me.

Just spent the last 30 minutes on the phone to my car insurers (not telling you their name, but a clue would be 1066 for you historians) and their underwriters and they have said that because this piece of kit actually increases the performance of the car (the BHP, I guess), they will not cover it under my existing policy.

I obviously no doubt can go to another insurance company who would cover this, but I am only half way though this years cover, so it would be a bit of a pain.

So Don's earlier points are very valid and I would not dare put this on my car without the proper insurance cover, because I could be left with nothing if I smash my car up and this was fitted without the insurance company's consent.

To be honest, I either expected this or a additional charge on top of my current policy, if they did accept it.

Cheers

Before I fitted my Lindop Chip I rang my insurer (the old folks one) and suprisingly there was no increase in premium, just a tenner for admin.

Fully recommend the chip by the way, although I have not noticed any increase in fuel mpg.

Before I fitted my Lindop Chip I rang my insurer (the old folks one) and suprisingly there was no increase in premium, just a tenner for admin.

Fully recommend the chip by the way, although I have not noticed any increase in fuel mpg.

Sounds like a bit of a SAGA Terry........ :unsure:

• Like 1

Sounds like a bit of a SAGA Terry........ :unsure:

Think they thought I was having a chip butty :wheelchair:

• Like 1

LINDOP CHIP : Not prompted by Anchorchap, but by the offspring of Attilla the hun indoors, I have finally done as prompted and phoned my insurance company. They shall remain unnamed, but my first car was the box type wan made by Vauxhall.

He had to refer me up the stairs to underwriters, so I had to hold on for what seemed like 3 weeks.

My policy has 6 months to run.....including admin charge, it cost me £37.00 for the duration of this policy, and I do not expect the full year policy to exceed £50.00 ( verbally mooted to him, but as usual they will not quote that far ahead, 5th amendment clicks in, and George Washington impressions start.......)

In fairness and my usual frankfullity, I found myself possibly over-playing the age card, which he passed on when talking to the Tefal heids upstairs......actuaries.....one once asked me...." Cardboard boxes, Kevin.......is there much demand for these.....?" Honest TF....

Big Safe Kev :thumbsup:

• Like 2

I found myself possibly over-playing the age card

Is that possible?

I was merely referring to the fact that I was installing said device in order to eek out a few more mpg from my meagre private pension arrangement, and also to reduce my personal carbon footprint.........then as soon as it was properly insured......

..............ah ripped its airse off and left Astra Boy still raising his clutch pedal........lol......ah, clutch pedals....silly inventions.....

• Like 1

I'm back :lol:

Sorry for the delays chaps.........spent a week in Hospital with a Kidney stone and a week recovering :sick:

Bobby has been contacted

Kingo :thumbsup:

I'm back :lol:

Sorry for the delays chaps.........spent a week in Hospital with a Kidney stone and a week recovering :sick:

Bobby has been contacted

Kingo :thumbsup:

Well, if I was gonna spend time with someone, it wouldn't be with that stone character!

Glad you're fit & well. :clap:

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links