Do Not Sell My Personal Information

• Join Toyota Owners Club

Join Europe's Largest Toyota Community! It's FREE!

Toyota Avensis 2004 T4 1.8 Petrol Headlight Bulbs

smoky2004

Hello

I drive a Avensis 2004 T4 1.8 petrol.

As the headlight bulbs are not the best, I'm thinking of using Halfords £6.99 bulb fitting service.

Question is which headlight bulbs would you recommend?

Thanks

I would like the brightest dipped beam headlamp bulb I can legally drive with.

If someone could recommend a bulb that would be great.

Also, do Toyota offer free fitting of headlight bulbs? If not I'll use Halfords.

it all comes down to how much you want to pay for the bulbs, top end of the market i would go for Osram Nightbreakers, but you will find Halfords Super Brilliance bulbs also a big improvement over standard bulbs, just check that your local Halfords will fit the bulbs on the T25 Avensis they would not come anywhere near mine when i owned one because of the akwardness of fitting.

Thanks, think I will try them out.

Buy 1 get 1 free sounds good.

Just hope Halfords fit them.

Just to add, if I decide to go for the Osram Nightbreaker does anywhere supply and fit?

It doesn't look like Halfords sell them?

I changed headlight bulbs on a T25 I formerly owned and didn't notice much difference, TBH I felt it was money wasted, I'm fairly sure the new ones were nightbreakers too. They're not difficult to fit if you're good with your hands...I did mine in a few mins, the tricky bit is getting the cover off/on...a handy hint is to not try to remove them from the car, merely move them out of the way.

There was a thread a while ago about the reflectors inside the headlights getting tarnished, hence giving off poor light. Apparently changing the reflectors makes a huge difference. Have a read at this thread, it might help...

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/144093-dim-avensis-headlights/?hl=headlights

I changed headlight bulbs on a T25 I formerly owned and didn't notice much difference, TBH I felt it was money wasted, I'm fairly sure the new ones were nightbreakers too. They're not difficult to fit if you're good with your hands...I did mine in a few mins, the tricky bit is getting the cover off/on...a handy hint is to not try to remove them from the car, merely move them out of the way.

There was a thread a while ago about the reflectors inside the headlights getting tarnished, hence giving off poor light. Apparently changing the reflectors makes a huge difference. Have a read at this thread, it might help...

http://www.toyotaownersclub.com/forums/topic/144093-dim-avensis-headlights/?hl=headlights

thanks for clearing that up.

I changed the headlight bulbs on my Avensis, easy enough once you are careful, I fitted Osram Nightbreaker plus, and the different is night and day (ahem ) :)

I changed the headlight bulbs on my Avensis, easy enough once you are careful, I fitted Osram Nightbreaker plus, and the different is night and day (ahem ) :)

Hello, just to confirm you are saying they made a huge difference?

I changed headlight bulbs on a T25 I formerly owned and didn't notice much difference, TBH I felt it was money wasted, I'm fairly sure the new ones were nightbreakers too.

I stand corrected. I just went out to the garage and checked - the bulbs I used were Philips X-Treme Vision ones, not Nightbreaker. (I replaced them with the originals again before I sold the car).

I have used nightbreakers and Halfords extreme brilliance on the car and the bike. they don't make a massive difference in the car which is a shame because they are so bright that they are offensive on the bike. I won't bother with them in the car again. I did notice that the dipped beam inner lens fogged with a layer of dirt so I used a welding rod and some rag to clean it off. It was a pain to do but probably made more difference that changing the bulbs.

I wanted to get some higher powered bulbs but could find any suitable. I reckon a 70 or 75W would be fine but just couldn't find one & got bored looking.

I have tried Halfords and Philips brand in mine too, the Osram Nightbreaker Plus are defintely brighter than the stock bulbs.

Osram have just released Nightbreaker Ultimate,which apparently are better again.

I live in West Cork in Ireland, and in Winter time these Osram bulbs definitely make the difference on the dark country roads. :toast:

I only recently realised just how poor the dipped headlights are on the Avensis. Driving on a dual carriageway at night where none of the street lighting was working, I assume there must of been a power cut, I could see more unless nothing without the full beam.

"I wanted to get some higher powered bulbs but could find any suitable. I reckon a 70 or 75W would be fine but just couldn't find one & got bored looking."

if you had found one they would have been illegal for road use in the UK.

Yep, illegal but almost undetectable, especially as there are so many high performance bulbs out there. And the Avensis headlight would dim them down a fair bit.

I used to run 100W fogs and driving lamps and never once had any legal issues with them either.

Latest Deals

Toyota Official Store for genuine Toyota parts & accessories

Disclaimer: As the club is an eBay Partner, The club may be compensated if you make a purchase via eBay links